Do I lose everything if I uninstall games?

#1Ordained_KillerPosted 3/1/2014 8:35:25 AM
I'm currently up to 11 titles on my Xbox One. With everything installed, I currently sit at 83% used, so I decided to uninstall 7 of them and kept only 4 on the system. I didn't think about it until after I did so that I might have taken the risk of losing my saves. Do you take that risk, or if I go back and reinstall it at a later time, will the saves and setting still be there?

I can't seem to find the game saves on my system anymore, so it's hard for me to know whether I've lost everything, or they just don't show up since I uninstalled the games.

Thanks.
---
Call of Duty killed the shooter.
#2CRASS5000Posted 3/1/2014 8:48:13 AM
game saves are apparently stored on the cloud, so you should be ok; but I haven't tested it.
---
GT. CRASS RAT GT2. LBC iGoNegative
*Official Topic Killer*
#3Ordained_Killer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 8:55:19 AM
CRASS5000 posted...
game saves are apparently stored on the cloud, so you should be ok; but I haven't tested it.

Hmmm, I may have to try reinstalling a game later. Thanks, I'll repost the outcome for future reference.
---
Call of Duty killed the shooter.
#4xTeKNiQuExPosted 3/1/2014 10:01:20 AM
Install is just the game itself. You don't lose saves when you uninstall a game.
---
XBL - AyeYoTeK, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#5todo0714Posted 3/1/2014 10:42:51 AM
You won't lose your game save. I got a new console and when I reinstalled Forza and Ryse it downloaded my saves from the cloud.
#6cre8nhavocPosted 3/1/2014 1:18:55 PM
todo0714 posted...
You won't lose your game save. I got a new console and when I reinstalled Forza and Ryse it downloaded my saves from the cloud.

That's cool
---
Gaming is a pause on reality.
#7SteelToothPosted 3/1/2014 1:38:51 PM
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
Install is just the game itself. You don't lose saves when you uninstall a game.

This, I uninstalled AC 4 after beating it then redownloaded it when I got Freedom Cry, and my save was still intact.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#8Team_NinjaPosted 3/1/2014 2:08:15 PM
First useful thing the cloud has offered thus far.