Titanfall seems to be a system seller

#11krystylaPosted 3/1/2014 11:57:20 AM
Pinoy441 posted...
Styrof0am posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
As of right now an old PC game is #1 on Amazon US, followed by Xbox Live membership, PSN money for #3, #4, #5 and Titanfall is #6

but the thing is, Metal Gear:GZ is #8, which is odd since it's a 2 hour game.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=sv_vg_11

So really, being on Amazons top selling list means nothing

It indicates a trend. Amazon includes preorders in it's best seller lists and is one of the biggest retailers (the biggest perhaps?) out there.

Considering the XB1/TF bundle is ahead of PS4 on both Amazon's best seller lists, even if it's just by a few places, indicates that TF is indeed a systemseller. We'll just have to wait until march to see if it actually the case.

It also depends on Digital sales as well considering most sales charting sites don't look at digital sales.

All in all, I still would never get Titanfall even if it was the best game ever

Because EA

And giving EA your money is like burning your money in an oil drum

So long as you enjoy playing an EA game you are not wasting your money. Disregarding a game because of the publisher is immho short sighted. BF4 had tons of problems but I played tons of hours and enjoyed myself so retrospectively it was worth the purchase. I will be wary to buy a DICE game at launch though from now on.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#12Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/1/2014 12:11:16 PM(edited)
Styrof0am posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
As of right now an old PC game is #1 on Amazon US, followed by Xbox Live membership, PSN money for #3, #4, #5 and Titanfall is #6

It indicates a trend. Amazon includes preorders in it's best seller lists and is one of the biggest retailers (the biggest perhaps?) out there.

Considering the XB1/TF bundle is ahead of PS4 on both Amazon's best seller lists, even if it's just by a few places, indicates that TF is indeed a systemseller. We'll just have to wait until march to see if it actually the case.

Not really, the the only trend that shows is more people buy PC games and cards for online services more than other games.

It has been like that for awhile now.

The only difference being, the Xbox One console has moved from 48th place to a more respectable position but that is due to it being $499.99 with a free $59.99 game; however, indicates pricing matters in the delivery of the Xbox One.

Edit: I'm not saying any of it is selling poorly, but Amazons top selling list is by no means any indicator of how well a product is doing because the positioning of the list is so volatile. Other words, it changes based on what is releasing next = top 10
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#13the_real_onePosted 3/1/2014 12:11:32 PM
Have you even looked at how many topics we have about Titanfall before you post yours??
---
In the entire games industry, Nintendo has done the best job of managing their franchises in the long term. EGM
#14Pinoy441Posted 3/1/2014 12:13:54 PM
krystyla posted...
Pinoy441 posted...
Styrof0am posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

It also depends on Digital sales as well considering most sales charting sites don't look at digital sales.

All in all, I still would never get Titanfall even if it was the best game ever

Because EA

And giving EA your money is like burning your money in an oil drum

So long as you enjoy playing an EA game you are not wasting your money. Disregarding a game because of the publisher is immho short sighted. BF4 had tons of problems but I played tons of hours and enjoyed myself so retrospectively it was worth the purchase. I will be wary to buy a DICE game at launch though from now on.

Meh, I'm a PC/PS4 player right now if only including this next gen and just been sick of EA's killing off my franchises (Dead Space, BF, SimCity etc.) Who's to say that if Respawn stays with them that TF also won't get killed off? If they somehow don't kudos but Respawn should probably break off and go independent or with either Sony or MS asap
---
*grabs popcorn*
#15Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/1/2014 12:16:21 PM
To clarify how the list changes, here is the top selling of 2014 at Amazon in the US

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

1. Thief Gold for PC
2.PSN Gift Card
3. PS4
4. PSN Gift Card
5. PSN Gift Card

The other list is updated hourly and is an indicator what is selling well at the moment, not overall. Overall is the list you should focus on if you must use an Amazon list.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#16MajesticFerretPosted 3/1/2014 12:17:23 PM
BSerenity posted...
mokmuud posted...
To be fair the game is bundled for free.

This.

It's still a factor. People ignore free games with the console if the free game sucks and it helps considerably if the free game is one of, if not the best game currently out on the console.

It helps close the price gap between PS4 and I believe the UK got a flat out price and the bundle, so it's obviously going to be doing well over there.

PS4 + game = 460
XB1 + game + Kinect = 500.

Not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get with it is rational thought, but with crazy the sky's the limit.
#17120N7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 12:20:20 PM
mokmuud posted...

True, but so was FIFA 14 which is a huge franchise in Europe.
#18120N7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 12:25:52 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Amazon is the second biggest games retailer in the UK, just behind Game, so here it does. Not sure about US. Still, not a bad barometer.
#19120N7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 12:31:00 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
To clarify how the list changes, here is the top selling of 2014 at Amazon in the US

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar

1. Thief Gold for PC
2.PSN Gift Card
3. PS4
4. PSN Gift Card
5. PSN Gift Card

The other list is updated hourly and is an indicator what is selling well at the moment, not overall. Overall is the list you should focus on if you must use an Amazon list.

Please read the OP. The 2014 Bestseller is not pertinent to this discussion. Let's not make it a spitting contest.
#20krystylaPosted 3/1/2014 12:31:22 PM
120N7 posted...
mokmuud posted...

True, but so was FIFA 14 which is a huge franchise in Europe.

I sold my code for 35(48$)
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB