Titanfall seems to be a system seller

#31datura333Posted 3/2/2014 8:19:52 PM
8waystomonday posted...
Well Titanfall has made me buy a Microsoft system this year because of the bundle. I skipped the 360 last generation so now I will have both system this generation. Now all i need to do is think of a great gamertag before Titanfall launches.

your gamertag should be hobosapien.
---
I am the great big mouth.
xbl gt: dreamsaredying
#32Evel138Posted 3/2/2014 8:36:47 PM
No matter what anybody's says, Titanfall is this generation first big title.....certainly the fist killer app for XB1 and its going to move systems.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#33120N7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 3:53:20 AM
In the UK bestsellers of 2014:

Titanfall XB1 - #4
Titanfall PC & 360 - not listed
PS4 - #6, #20, #57
XB1 - #50, #65
Second Son - #28
Titanfall bundle - not listed

Something weird going on. From the list, it's clear PS4 is crucifying the XB1. As with most charts, the sales aren't linear, so the 2:1 PS4 advantage seems like an underestimate. Worth watching the XB1 position over the next few weeks to see how TF affects it, taking #50 as the baseline. The separate non-appearing TItanfall SKU complicates things, though.

Given that Thief was the second biggest seller of the year to date, it is safe to say Titanfall will easily be the biggest. The fact that it seems to be predominantly XB1 sales is what is confusing. There XB1 isn't selling loads so the attach rate must be insane.
#34MrSpaM111Posted 3/4/2014 4:02:29 AM
People are buying those XBox's because they are cheaper and come with a free game. Whatever game they put in that bundle would currently be number 1.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#35KcrackPosted 3/4/2014 4:34:49 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
People are buying those XBox's because they are cheaper and come with a free game. Whatever game they put in that bundle would currently be number 1.

Spot on. I can't believe MS have become so desperate to the point where they need to drop the price of their console and give away one of their biggest games for free 4 months after launching.
#36RaRitsujunPosted 3/4/2014 4:50:39 AM
Kcrack posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

Spot on. I can't believe MS have become so desperate to the point where they need to drop the price of their console and give away one of their biggest games for free 4 months after launching.

Dat MS desperation.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#37Evel138Posted 3/4/2014 4:55:35 AM
RaRitsujun posted...
Kcrack posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

Dat MS desperation.

What was SONY when it had the cut the price, remove BC AND add a free game after the first nine months its "599 US Dollar" Blu-ray playe......err, I mean PS3 was on the market?

Simple market adjustments. That's all.
---
#38KcrackPosted 3/4/2014 5:22:37 AM
Evel138 posted...
RaRitsujun posted...
Kcrack posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...

Dat MS desperation.

What was SONY when it had the cut the price, remove BC AND add a free game after the first nine months its "599 US Dollar" Blu-ray playe......err, I mean PS3 was on the market?

Simple market adjustments. That's all.

I don't remember Sony giving away it's biggest game for free, you sure you're not thinking about a bundle? Also the PS3 outsold the 360 in 2007 while still being more expensive. MS on the other hand is already behind by 2.5 million.
#39Evel138Posted 3/4/2014 5:31:33 AM
Kcrack posted...
I don't remember Sony giving away it's biggest game for free, you sure you're not thinking about a bundle? Also the PS3 outsold the 360 in 2007 while still being more expensive. MS on the other hand is already behind by 2.5 million.

We can argue the merits of its "biggest game", but the simple fact is they felt they needed to take action, despite "outselling 360 while being more expensive". If everything was peachy, they would have done jack ****.

Its not out of "desperation" or any other BS hyperbole, its simple market adjustments.
---
#40KcrackPosted 3/4/2014 5:44:18 AM
Evel138 posted...
Kcrack posted...

We can argue the merits of its "biggest game", but the simple fact is they felt they needed to take action, despite "outselling 360 while being more expensive". If everything was peachy, they would have done jack ****.

Its not out of "desperation" or any other BS hyperbole, its simple market adjustments.

Agree to disagree I guess. A price cut and giving away your biggest game of the year for free after just 4 months of being on the market sounds very desperate.