Silly question, but quite curious.

#1NekudanPosted 3/1/2014 9:32:23 AM
Can someone explain to me what Twitch is or does?
Ive seen things online for example "twitch plays pokemon" and such ... Which I assumed was some famous internet person.
But now ive seen on this forum Twitch coming to Xbox One and PS4 so im curious to know what it is and does?
Just makes me think if its something worth getting on Xone if its any good for whatever it
may be....
Thanks.
---
Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3454 - 1170 - 2852
Ghost Type with Spiritomb.
#2cheezedadadaPosted 3/1/2014 9:35:58 AM
To sum it up, it basically allows you to watch streams of other people playing games and stream your own. So right now I could turn on my Xbox One, load up the Twitch app, and watch someone stream live gameplay of something. I was watching someone play Outlast on the PS4 last night (I own it, but already beat it on the PC) and then checked out someone playing a mod for DayZ on the PC.

Its great for getting a good idea on whether you want to purchase a game or not.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#3Nekudan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 9:38:24 AM
Ah awesome. Thank you for replying. :-)
---
Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3454 - 1170 - 2852
Ghost Type with Spiritomb.
#4cheezedadadaPosted 3/1/2014 9:43:05 AM(edited)
Nekudan posted...
Ah awesome. Thank you for replying. :-)

No prob! Oh and just to clear up the "Twitch Plays Pokemon" thing. That was basically designed to be a social experiment with letting people watching the stream participate in playing the game together to see what happened. Basically the guy streamed the gameplay of Pokemon, but the game was being controlled by input entered into the chat. So whatever people were typing is what would happen in the game.

Its funny to watch people trying to beat the game only to be trolled by people putting in commands that make it much harder. I saw one where they did it for Zelda and link was stuck in one room for like 10 minutes so I closed it out in frustration.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.