It's kinda sad that MS banks on nothing but shooters to sell systems

#1413HPPosted 3/1/2014 5:22:11 PM
Also, the total number of games within any given genre are irrelevant because those games don't sell consoles(which is what this topic is about). Shooters have always been, far and away, the console sellers for 360 and now with Titanfall it seems like TC is pretty spot on.
#142mike468Posted 3/1/2014 5:39:12 PM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
cheezedadada posted...
It's funny because if you go to...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

....and order it by first person shooters, there are about 10 out of 113 so far.

10 listed as FPS, Destiny was also listed as FPS, that makes 11. Then I counted 4 third person shooters. 15 total out of 113 games (7.5% are shooters)

PS4 games, 12 FPS and 6 TPS. 18 total out of 198 games (11% are shooters)

I think the most important numbers here are 113 vs 198.

Those lists are BS. The ps4 list has games like Tekken x Street Fighter and Tekken revolution as being ps4 exclusive, when is seriously doubt either of them are.

It lists Tekken revolution as a ps4 exclusive, when I know I've read the Tekken producers original quote was that he wants to do an entirely new Tekken game for the ps4. I take that as a full on retail release, which would most certainly wind up on more than just the ps4.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#143mjc0961Posted 3/1/2014 5:55:15 PM
chrish909 posted...
Blizz87 posted...
Not trying to be a troll but one of the reasons I went ps4 for the time being is because last gen most of the 360 games were dominated by shooters halo and gears of war sequels and call of duty. Now so with the X1 they are banking on shooters again to sell the systems Titianfall and Halo 5 and once again timed DLC for COD and BF, and bought Gears of War from Epic.

Don't get me wrong, I like shooters as much as the next guy, but I am not addicted to them and definitely want more variety in my gaming console. The first party support on the MS side is still very meh and I think it would be lame for MS to keep the Xbox as just a dude bro shooter box you know?

Are you x1 owners happy with mostly shooters being the main genre on the Xbox or are you wanting more games other than just shooters?

Its very very very sad how you come here to troll.

gears and halo vs uncharted and haze and killfail and resisfail. Try again

It's very very very sad how you come here to troll.

Haze? Seriously? Haze sucked and died. Counting Haze is like counting all the crappy shooter indie games 360 has.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#144unnamedFerPosted 3/1/2014 5:58:11 PM
Ms is banking on gameless console.

They should disguise it as an arcade cabinet of Killer Instinct
---
http://k7sin.forumfree.it/
#145sexbonePosted 3/1/2014 6:17:16 PM
tc, u meant titanfall ?
btw what's wrong with it ?
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, connected,and watching.Doesn't do 180.voice coms: sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.Yes, i'm a sexboner.
#146Foxx3kPosted 3/1/2014 6:20:21 PM
Did it?

Seems to me that at launch Sony was offering much more for shooter fans than Microsoft was.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#147Reginleif20Posted 3/1/2014 6:37:49 PM
Blizz87 posted...
Not trying to be a troll but one of the reasons I went ps4 for the time being is because last gen most of the 360 games were dominated by shooters halo and gears of war sequels and call of duty. Now so with the X1 they are banking on shooters again to sell the systems Titianfall and Halo 5 and once again timed DLC for COD and BF, and bought Gears of War from Epic.

Don't get me wrong, I like shooters as much as the next guy, but I am not addicted to them and definitely want more variety in my gaming console. The first party support on the MS side is still very meh and I think it would be lame for MS to keep the Xbox as just a dude bro shooter box you know?

Are you x1 owners happy with mostly shooters being the main genre on the Xbox or are you wanting more games other than just shooters?

Yeah, consoles usually do that
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#148RLSNintendo1985Posted 3/1/2014 6:42:10 PM
Very sad indeed...thank god I'm a nintendoholic
---
"Long Live Nintendo!"
#149Reginleif20Posted 3/1/2014 6:56:37 PM
RLSNintendo1985 posted...
Very sad indeed...thank god I'm a nintendoholic

Indeed. Nintendo isn't doing something like banking on the Mario franchise since the 80's
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#150-FryShakeWad-Posted 3/1/2014 6:59:45 PM
Not trying to troll is a bad way to start any post.