It's kinda sad that MS banks on nothing but shooters to sell systems

#51MrImpatient35Posted 3/1/2014 11:45:02 AM
Ok. Well maybe I didn't say it right. Shooters are prolly pushed more in the media or whatever you call it, but I've never been much of a Halo fan. I didn't like the series after the masterpiece that was the first one. I only liked the first two GoW games. I only liked one CoD game...the first Modern Warfare. But I loved the X360. Why? I played every Splinter Cell game. Every Burnout since Burnout Revenge. Played Batman Arkham City and Asylum. The first two Crisis games. Every Bioshock. Vanquish (loved it, although a very short game). Some other games that I can't remember right now.

In a nutshell, I've enjoyed many genre of games on any MS console, other than JUST shooters. But I do agree. Shooters are usually the main games advertised for it. Even though I didn't like it, everybody else fell in love with that Minecraft game. I think they're making a movie now.
---
March madness anyone? So many games!
#52curtlandPosted 3/1/2014 11:50:00 AM(edited)
CharadeSmith posted...
it's simple. ms banking on shooters as reasons to own their system. halo, gears, titanfall..always the same.

Sony banks on variety : h&s, platformers, jrpgs, indies, adventure, etc...on top of the shooters.
Xbox games that aren't shooters are multiplatform 99% of the time, unlike PS.

Lots of good JRPGs out for the PS4 is there?

Also Xbox consoles in general have had a crap ton of all the game types you listed. Except MAYBE JRPGs. Which seems like an obsession with the hard core Sony fans AT LEAST on par with the obsession they think Xbox fans have with shooters.

Which is weird, because in general there haven't been that many JRPGs out lately in this country for ANY system that isn't the 3DS.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#53ThePaleRiderpPosted 3/1/2014 12:00:47 PM(edited)
If you want shooters, racing and sports games go with Xbox. Here are a few reasons why
1. Microsoft is the official sponsor of the NFL if that doesn't say sports I don't know what does.
2. The sports games are actually very integrated with the kinect.
3. It is no secret that the Xbox is shooter oriented. What is the most hyped game right now for this console? Titanfall. What IP did Microsoft just get? Gears of War. What sells there systems and is pretty much synomous with the Xbox brand? Halo. Oh look they're all shooters.
4. Forza is the racing game flagship for ms and it's a pretty good racing simulator as others have said.

The playstation does have shooters but it also has more to it than that. The ps2 and ps1 are prime examples. I personally think the playstation brand didn't get reallyyy shooter heavy until the ps3 era. One reason the ps2 was so successful is because it had a large variety of games that dwarfed the GameCube and original Xbox. MS main focus is generally shooters because that's largely their demographic. Plus I've noticed anytime RPGS are brought up people on this board say they don't want it caused they're "kids" games. Mainly JRPG'S.
---
PSN: OverlordZeit 3DS FC: 2895-6437-9632
XBL: VongolaXIIIZeit Steam: thepaleriderp
#54TheMove2Posted 3/1/2014 11:52:30 AM
Too many shooter games. Nobody makes anything else. No variety in games anymore.
#55BSerenityPosted 3/1/2014 11:54:36 AM
TheMove2 posted...
Too many shooter games. Nobody makes anything else. No variety in games anymore.

That is where Indies come in, but for the majority on this board indies don't count as real games.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#56curtlandPosted 3/1/2014 12:00:49 PM
BSerenity posted...
TheMove2 posted...

That is where Indies come in, but for the majority on this board indies don't count as real games.

Mmm-hmmm. Mmm-hmmm. This is a true thing you just said and not something you just pulled completely out of your ass.

:P

I do, however, see plenty of complaints by ungrateful PS4 owners over on the PS4 board whenever they (very awesomely) offer up their monthly free game.

Speaking of, Don't Starve is an obsession I just can't get over.
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#57BSerenityPosted 3/1/2014 12:14:54 PM
curtland posted...
BSerenity posted...
TheMove2 posted...

Mmm-hmmm. Mmm-hmmm. This is a true thing you just said and not something you just pulled completely out of your ass.

:P

I do, however, see plenty of complaints by ungrateful PS4 owners over on the PS4 board whenever they (very awesomely) offer up their monthly free game.

Speaking of, Don't Starve is an obsession I just can't get over.

You haven't been on this board long enough if you think there is a steep distaste for indie titles on this board when in reference to the PS4. Where as in if it deals with the XBO, indies are the greatest thing around, lol.
---
#58SunDevil77Posted 3/1/2014 12:16:40 PM
BSerenity posted...
TheMove2 posted...

False generalizations are fun!
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#59BSerenityPosted 3/1/2014 12:17:49 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
BSerenity posted...
TheMove2 posted...

Being blind to truths are fun as well. It seems.
---
#60SunDevil77Posted 3/1/2014 12:20:07 PM
BSerenity posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
BSerenity posted...
TheMove2 posted...

Being blind to truths are fun as well. It seems.

There are probably 10 members on this board [that aren't here for the purpose of trolling] that say indies aren't games. A "majority" of people that are here to actually discuss games know that indies are great.
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539