Odd sound question.

#1NekudanPosted 3/1/2014 4:07:04 PM
Since I've got my XOne, I'd say almost 2 weeks BF4 (Disc which i pretty much haven't ejected from the console) and Killer Instinct are the only games

I purchased Thief, and only just installed it this evening and once i got it up and running, i noticed something.

With BF4 and KI i don't believe the console actually made any noticeable disc running sound, and now that thief is on, im getting it from both BF and KI as soon as either disc enters the console without actually running a game.

It maybe my mind playing tricks on me but is this normal? i don't want my console over doing it after paying out the money spent..
---
Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3454 - 1170 - 2852
Ghost Type with Spiritomb.
#2DarkHolesPosted 3/1/2014 4:10:20 PM
Nekudan posted...
Since I've got my XOne, I'd say almost 2 weeks BF4 (Disc which i pretty much haven't ejected from the console) and Killer Instinct are the only games

I purchased Thief, and only just installed it this evening and once i got it up and running, i noticed something.

With BF4 and KI i don't believe the console actually made any noticeable disc running sound, and now that thief is on, im getting it from both BF and KI as soon as either disc enters the console without actually running a game.

It maybe my mind playing tricks on me but is this normal? i don't want my console over doing it after paying out the money spent..

Yep xbox is a cheaply made piece of... ahem.
#3Nekudan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 4:17:22 PM
Looking for more of an answer..
---
#4ILikeGamesManPosted 3/1/2014 4:18:45 PM
Its the government spying on you.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Sur6PX3.jpg
WaywardBiscuit and Vashtricham are alts http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950933-mag/53287762 Look at Vash's sig.
#5DarkHolesPosted 3/1/2014 4:19:56 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...
Its the government spying on you.

What he said
#6Jedi454Posted 3/1/2014 4:21:39 PM
I've never had that kind of problem, your console could possibly be faulty, but try a manual reset and see if that changes anything.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#7AzaneAzerPosted 3/1/2014 4:30:23 PM(edited)
Nekudan posted...

Thief is pushing the Xbone's limits a little tighter for rendering, so those sounds are from a higher RPM Disc Speed, the issue is that the Xbone is still lacking the disc tray protection that most optical drives have used since about 2001, when CD Skipping in Walkmans became not a thing anymore, so when you're hearing those sounds, there's a chance of getting the Disc Grind error, that was a bit more famous in the xbox360 (Their original model was a damn jet engine)

Also, since it's started happening to your other discs, there's a chance that some component has loosened up, which might cause damage, they made sure the soldering is better in the Xbone to avoid the Red Ring issue, but there's still quite a few pieces in the system that may not be completely solid, the outsourcing on console manufacturing is getting worse every generation.
#8Nekudan(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 4:32:47 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Nekudan posted...

Thief is pushing the Xbone's limits a little tighter for rendering, so those sounds are from a higher RPM Disc Speed, the issue is that the Xbone is still lacking the disc tray protection that most optical drives have used since about 2001, when CD Skipping in Walkmans became not a thing anymore, so when you're hearing those sounds, there's a chance of getting the Disc Grind error, that was a bit more famous in the xbox360 (Their original model was a damn jet engine)

Also, since it's started happening to your other discs, there's a chance that some component has loosened up, which might cause damage, they made sure the soldering is better in the Xbone to avoid the Red Ring issue, but there's still quite a few pieces in the system that may not be completely solid, the outsourcing on console manufacturing is getting worse every generation.

Thank you for replying

How is Manuel reset done? o:
---
#9crynryanPosted 3/1/2014 4:46:45 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Nekudan posted...

Thief is pushing the Xbone's limits a little tighter for rendering, so those sounds are from a higher RPM Disc Speed

The game isn't loaded from the disc, it loads from the hard drive. Doesn't matter how much the game is loading, it's all loaded from the hard drive.

When you put in a disc, it does an initial check to see which game it is. If the game's installed, the disc drive turns off and doesn't do anything until you eject. If you're hearing the disc drive after you put an installed game in, you're either hearing something else or your disc drive just doesn't stop when it should, which is unlikely.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#10ILikeGamesManPosted 3/1/2014 4:49:17 PM
crynryan posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
Nekudan posted...

Thief is pushing the Xbone's limits a little tighter for rendering, so those sounds are from a higher RPM Disc Speed

The game isn't loaded from the disc, it loads from the hard drive. Doesn't matter how much the game is loading, it's all loaded from the hard drive.

When you put in a disc, it does an initial check to see which game it is. If the game's installed, the disc drive turns off and doesn't do anything until you eject. If you're hearing the disc drive after you put an installed game in, you're either hearing something else or your disc drive just doesn't stop when it should, which is unlikely.

I was going to tell TC that AzaneAzer couldn't be any further from correct in his statement, but I figured someone else would eventually. I have never seen someone that wrong about something in my life. Gold star for Azane.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Sur6PX3.jpg
WaywardBiscuit and Vashtricham are alts http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950933-mag/53287762 Look at Vash's sig.