We have to start a petition or something against Stephen Elop

#1jim200Posted 3/1/2014 5:30:27 PM
He wants to destroy Xbox why did they put him in charge?

Is Darth Sidious in charge of Microsoft or something?

I'm being serious, Xbox One is my first Xbox console I don't want it to be ruined by some guy that said he wanted to bury it just months before he became ruler of it!
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: Gamertag: JemiBitti200 ::: NNID: Jemi200
3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#2Foxx3kPosted 3/1/2014 5:32:03 PM
Maybe it's good that somebody who doesn't like the direction of the "Xbox Division" is put in charge of the Xbox Division.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3jim200(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 5:33:26 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Maybe it's good that somebody who doesn't like the direction of the "Xbox Division" is put in charge of the Xbox Division.

He doesn't care two craps about the direction of it, he wants it gone entirely!
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: Gamertag: JemiBitti200 ::: NNID: Jemi200
3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
#4ElPolloDiablo87Posted 3/1/2014 5:34:00 PM
What don't people understand about this? He's head of the entertainment and devices division, it is now his job to ensure the success of MS's entertainment and devices including Xbox. It doesn't matter what he may have thought before (and I stress may, since the "reports" that he wanted to sell Xbox came from one unnamed source in a Bloomberg article), he is now tasked with making it all successful.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#5PorungaPosted 3/1/2014 5:37:13 PM
Even if he did want to shut down or sell the xbox division, he cannot do so on his own. He would need the support and permission of the CEO and the board. If he has that, then they were selling it off anyway and he has nothing to do with it. I wouldn't even worry about him doing a crappy job because he wants it gone. That is his job. If he sabotages the xbox division, he either looses his job, or it gets shut down or sold and he also looses his job.

This guy may want it gone, but it is in his best interests to make the xbox division as successful and profitable as he can.. because he is the one that will pay for it if it doesn't.
#6sn3akywafflesPosted 3/1/2014 5:40:52 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
What don't people understand about this? He's head of the entertainment and devices division, it is now his job to ensure the success of MS's entertainment and devices including Xbox. It doesn't matter what he may have thought before (and I stress may, since the "reports" that he wanted to sell Xbox came from one unnamed source in a Bloomberg article), he is now tasked with making it all successful.

you would think people would get this, if there arent any devices than he doesnt have a job
---
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
#7Jiggy101011Posted 3/1/2014 5:45:45 PM
jim200 posted...
Foxx3k posted...

He doesn't care two craps about the direction of it, he wants it gone entirely!

Show me where he has said that. Seriously, show me an article with a direct quote from him saying he wants to scrap the xbox division.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#8BDJaycePosted 3/1/2014 5:51:43 PM
You do know petitions are useless these days, right?

I can't recall the last time a petition was successful in making anything happen. "Secede from the United States!" "Get rid of Bieber" "My wall is blue.. I want it to be red.. but I don't have any red paint.. it's a conspiracy against the color red!"
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#9RebelGameMasterPosted 3/1/2014 6:21:25 PM
Denial doesn't just flow through Eygpt but apparently this thread as well.
---
This dispute is an abuse of the dispute form. Any further abuse of the form will result in loss of posting privileges or your account.
#10slyman19Posted 3/1/2014 6:26:30 PM
He never said he wanted the Xbox gone. There was only a RUMOR.