Forza/Xbox One dashboard issue

#1MajorFlashPosted 3/1/2014 7:58:27 PM
I'm on the 5th race in the Rally series...can't advance much after pressing A to begin race. I get booted back to the dash. Happened 3 times in a row...decided to try another race, completed with no problem. Went back to the rally race, booted again...did a power cycle of the Xbox, but still, got booted when trying the race. Only had one issue with Ryse...took two tries to load game once, thats it. Forza is a new copy, not used, no scratches....any ideas, or should I just exchange it.
---
GT MajorFlash_______
All-Time Favorite_Eternal Darkness///Gamefaqs=Constant Complainer's
#2kennyynnooPosted 3/1/2014 8:11:35 PM
Can you try a different car for that race, does it go that far? Sounds more like a file issue then disc, find a friend with a copy if you want to swap discs but I doubt that resolves it.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#3kennyynnooPosted 3/1/2014 8:13:18 PM
Another weird idea, sell the cars/a car you own for that race and force it to make you buy one so its a different loading screen....assuming it let's you get to car selection.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#4MajorFlash(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 8:16:48 PM
I'll try another car...was also gonna un-reinstall. If its just by using different car to get past race i'll shovel the snow monday with a spoon. Thx for responding.
---
GT MajorFlash_______
#5extankerPosted 3/1/2014 8:27:44 PM
When you say you did a power cycle, do you mean you did a full shutdown? (Hold the power button until the system beeps and turns off) If not, definitely do that. It forces the cache to clear and usually fixes crashing problems.

If you already did a full shutdown, then maybe try that reinstall. Good luck.
#6MajorFlash(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 9:07:35 PM
Just did everything...the shutdown, reinstall, and got rid of car...bought new one, and just finished that race. Thx guys...somewhere in all that, fixed it...just weird.
---
GT MajorFlash_______