The Cloud

#41Millertime660Posted 3/2/2014 2:05:44 AM
BSerenity posted...
Millertime660 posted...
BSerenity posted...
Golden Maven posted...
BSerenity posted...
Common sense is now talking out of my ass.

You have yet to show any common sense. All you're doing is trying to downplay what Microsoft is bringing to the table. Guess you're having doubts about your choice of console, hence all this insecurity?

I haven't downplayed anything. Being realistic here. Never claimed cloud processing wasn't a thing nor it can't happen. It just not happening in TF and will not take a major place for another few years. Continue to twist my posts. I am used to it now.

I just dont know how you can say its not happening in titanfall when you have no clue or proof. Like I said.... we have no idea what will be in the final game.

You asked for my thoughts in your own post and then want to berate me for them? Guess it is time to just move on.

Point me to where I was berating you. Im just asking you some questions to see how you are drawing your conclusions.
#42Millertime660Posted 3/2/2014 3:28:25 AM
BSerenity posted...
You asked for my thoughts in your own post and then want to berate me for them? Guess it is time to just move on.

Point me to where I was berating you. Im just asking you some questions to see how you are drawing your conclusions
#43L96A1BOSSPosted 3/2/2014 5:24:46 AM
Golden Maven posted...
L96A1BOSS posted...
Good luck getting people to believe in your opinion. A server is a server M$ don't have magical better server than any other company out here.

It's not an opinion. Microsoft invested millions in servers who's entire existence revolve around online gaming. That means dedicated servers and even server-side processing so the XBox One can handle other tasks.

Is guess ps3 ps4 and Xbox 360 don't run on server only the might xbone stop trying to act like X1 is running on any server better than the others.
#44L96A1BOSSPosted 3/2/2014 5:45:50 AM(edited)
a687947 posted...
L96A1BOSS posted...
The few who was smart enough to not get fool by this marketing plot got a PS4 and not fall to this magical could and if you been gaming for atleast the last 15 years you should know better.

you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

And I guess your one liner is suppose to correct me? When you try to shot someone els cliam down you have to do better than that oh wait you have no facts to prove other wise.
#45SoulTrapperPosted 3/2/2014 5:32:09 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Lets see what the experts say:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

Yep, it's PR and nothing more.

This article really says all you need to know about the cloud:

What's obvious at this point is that the concept of cloud computing looks uncertain and unlikely, and Microsoft needs to prove its claims with actual software. Yet based on what we've been told, the firm itself isn't sure of what uses to put it to, while the limitations of latency and bandwidth severely impede the benefits of all that computing power.
#46kennyynnooPosted 3/2/2014 5:36:17 AM
For the 8 millionth time Forza 5 used the cloud to replace the AI with gamers and its great, compared to the AI in my GT6 its 10x funner to race.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#47L96A1BOSSPosted 3/2/2014 5:39:23 AM
BSerenity posted...
Golden Maven posted...
BSerenity posted...
You don't have to be the designer to have common sense on making an observation.

So you're talking out of your ass again? Gotcha.

Common sense is now talking out of my ass. Good to know. At least I can think for myself unlike your who enjoys being a puppet for the PR spin and drivel.

I know right M$ use that could to twist his head around too bad almost a 2 mill gap between PS4 and xbone sale have drop the last gen level in all the sales charts we seen lately look like the could fell flat on its face.
#48L96A1BOSSPosted 3/2/2014 5:42:52 AM
BSerenity posted...
Millertime660 posted...
BSerenity posted...
Golden Maven posted...
BSerenity posted...
You don't have to be the designer to have common sense on making an observation.

So you're talking out of your ass again? Gotcha.

Common sense is now talking out of my ass. Good to know. At least I can think for myself unlike your who enjoys being a puppet for the PR spin and drivel.

Ok.... now I see where you were going with this. At first I thought we were having an actual conversation.

So from your observations and common sense.... tell me exactly what the azure servers role is when it comes to titanfall.

The same role that we gamers have been enjoying this past generation in various games... Dedicated servers. This isn't some new concept or form of online infrastructure. Cloud processing will be more viable (more than the simple drivatar crap) within a few years, but the main focus of the Azure Servers will be for Dedicated Server matchmaking and connection.

Well you give him is his answer last time I check dedicated server been around for ages.
#49Styrof0amPosted 3/2/2014 5:54:37 AM
Think how far smartphones have come in the past 5 years, or internet connections in the last 10. Considering the feats possbile on 7th generationnconsoles towards the end of their lifespan compared to the first clumsy efforts from 7 years ago (much like Forza 5 is now). No one knows, what will happen in the next 5 years.

Even Sony thinks the future is in the cloud. Heck, they bought up Gaikai in 2012, and made a deal with Rackspace last year, and then this ...

So where does that leave PS4 in the future? Are Sony moving towards PlayStation as a service rather than just a box? “I think that’s good way of putting it really. We see PlayStation as a brand, not just as a box. Going out to 2013 and probably more appropriately 2014, 15, 16, 17 you’ll see start to see PlayStation 4 as a brand and a service, as a set of services, a set of experiences”. This move won’t be overnight though says Gara. “For the foreseeable PlayStation 4 will be the pinnacle in terms of the highest possible experiences, the most powerful service we can offer. But we can offer many many more. The Gaikai acquisition, PlayStation Vita TV capability. There are lots of pieces here that all point to that direction really. Which is: PlayStation experiences on devices, some Sony devices and non-Sony devices in time as well”.

Who's to say MS isn't planning something similar?

It makes sense too. Eliminate the need for specialized and production costly hardware. Offer a service instead on a multitude of platforms. I'd be surprised if Activision, Ubisoft and EA don't announce similar services in the next 3-4 years.

Source for the quote:
http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/10/11/is-the-future-of-playstation-as-a-service-not-a-box-i-think-thats-good-way-of-putting-says-sonys-fergal-gara/
---

CRD, it's a real killer ... http://youtu.be/ZkY0S-UyPTs
#50mokmuudPosted 3/2/2014 7:46:02 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
For the 8 millionth time Forza 5 used the cloud to replace the AI with gamers and its great, compared to the AI in my GT6 its 10x funner to race.

IDK the drivitars seem to race just as poorly as generic AI.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539