Any Media Center Streaming?

#1NauticalDisastaPosted 3/1/2014 9:50:11 PM
I enjoyed using this feature on the 360. Can I stream media from my Windows PC using the Xbox One?
---
"Either it'll move me, or it'll move right though me. Fully. Completely." - Gordon Downie
360/Steam - NauticalDisasta
#2DarkReign2022Posted 3/1/2014 10:01:57 PM
If you're talking Windows Media Center, at this moment in time there is not a way. If you own a Windows 8 PC, however, you can directly stream music stored in your Xbox Music folder. I store all of my music in my Music Library anyway, so all it took was some tampering in XB1 setting and adding Xbox One as a device to my drivers and now can play everything on my XB1 at will (only downside is you can't play music in the background yet. You have to snap it or it pauses until your open it again.)
#3davidthedawg639Posted 3/1/2014 11:04:52 PM
NauticalDisasta posted...
I enjoyed using this feature on the 360. Can I stream media from my Windows PC using the Xbox One?

Yes. Turn on your Xbox One, right click on the file (on your computer) and select "play to: [xbox name]". It'll open Xbox Video.
#4ado982LPosted 3/2/2014 4:55:11 AM
davidthedawg639 posted...

Yes. Turn on your Xbox One, right click on the file (on your computer) and select "play to: [xbox name]". It'll open Xbox Video.

This will only work in Windows 8, on windows 7 (for example), open up Windows Media Player, and then right click the file, you can play from there. Or you could try some Android apps (if you have an android device), and play from that (I use Skifta)
#5davidthedawg639Posted 3/2/2014 11:07:09 PM
ado982L posted...
davidthedawg639 posted...

This will only work in Windows 8, on windows 7 (for example), open up Windows Media Player, and then right click the file, you can play from there. Or you could try some Android apps (if you have an android device), and play from that (I use Skifta)

Running Windows 7 and it works for me.