Guys I need help. Stats are ruining my gaming experience.

#1maoriwarriorPosted 3/1/2014 11:25:20 PM
I started online gaming with BC2. I loved the tactical aspect and it was the most fun I've ever had online.

I eventually picked up bf3&4 and my stats were quite high. Same with blacklight retribution and a few more.

But now its like if I don't get a 2-3.0+ KD or 500+ SPM etc. I hate the game and trade it. COD is a game I'm not great at and with the upcoming release of titanfall I'm worried.

I think the game looks sick but its literally gotten to the point that if I don't do "good" I'll be pissed and trade it.

What can I do to fix this?

And this really is a serious topic. -_-
---
Humans are like trees. We are built to withstand but all are subject to the wind.
#2ImThe8thWonderPosted 3/1/2014 11:28:02 PM
Obsessing over stats is a choice. If it's affecting your enjoyment, then you should choose to not obsess about it.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#3maoriwarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 11:32:27 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Obsessing over stats is a choice. If it's affecting your enjoyment, then you should choose to not obsess about it.

This is true. But my psychologically diagnosed OCD has a issue with that haha. How do you view stats?
---
Humans are like trees. We are built to withstand but all are subject to the wind.
#4Millertime660Posted 3/1/2014 11:37:03 PM
I like checking my stats but dont obsess over them. If you really arent doing as well as you want right when the game comes out then you could obsess about getting better and raising your stats.

To me the game is some serious fun.... I dont think stats are gonna detract from that.
#5maoriwarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2014 11:47:49 PM
Millertime660 posted...
I like checking my stats but dont obsess over them. If you really arent doing as well as you want right when the game comes out then you could obsess about getting better and raising your stats.

To me the game is some serious fun.... I dont think stats are gonna detract from that.

So should I just ignore them for the most part?
---
#6Millertime660Posted 3/1/2014 11:55:36 PM
maoriwarrior posted...
Millertime660 posted...

So should I just ignore them for the most part?

It is your decision lol. If you want to ignore them just do it. Focus on having some fun and doing crazy cool stuff.

I like to focus on in game challenges and achievements.
#7I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 3/2/2014 12:29:23 AM
maoriwarrior posted...
I started online gaming with BC2. I loved the tactical aspect and it was the most fun I've ever had online.

I eventually picked up bf3&4 and my stats were quite high. Same with blacklight retribution and a few more.

But now its like if I don't get a 2-3.0+ KD or 500+ SPM etc. I hate the game and trade it. COD is a game I'm not great at and with the upcoming release of titanfall I'm worried.

I think the game looks sick but its literally gotten to the point that if I don't do "good" I'll be pissed and trade it.

That's where I remember you from! You're the kid that was talking all kinds of s*** to clans on the PS3 BF3 boards. The ETU/TET guy lol. You hopped from clan to clan to clan to clan to clan and eventually had a massive meltdown on the board.

Not being able to remember when I've seen your name was driving me crazy.

haha
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#8maoriwarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 12:37:28 AM
I_VTEC_Power_I posted...
maoriwarrior posted...

That's where I remember you from! You're the kid that was talking all kinds of s*** to clans on the PS3 BF3 boards. The ETU/TET guy lol. You hopped from clan to clan to clan to clan to clan and eventually had a massive meltdown on the board.

Not being able to remember when I've seen your name was driving me crazy.

haha

Trolling certainly was entertaining. :)
---
#9Darkside_ShadowPosted 3/2/2014 12:44:59 AM
Think about how pointless game stats are.
Then force yourself to loose on purpose. As in choose the worst possible guns.
Choose the worst possible locations. Etc.
I got caught up in stats for awhile myself.

I would constantly check the scoreboard during matches to keep my KD high.
And It got to the point where I would "dashboard" not to loose.
It was pathetic.

The first thing I did to stop was. Never to check the scoreboard before the round ended.
Play as the class I wanted, and not to win. I was horrible at sniping, but loved playing it.
So my KD went to 0,70 or something. And I was fine with it.
Basically it means other crappy players will have some fun too by taking me out.

Now i dont care at all. Some matches my sole purpose is to help out team mates
or to unlock stuff. I havent even checked my BF4 stats. But I know im around 2700 skillpoints away
from the Scout Elite Sniper rifle.
#10Spetsnaz420Posted 3/2/2014 4:08:31 AM
Stop worrying about stats... If things like SPM mattered I wouldn't dominate the battlefield in my jet and helping my team by removing armor from the battlefield.
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?