The time has come

#11SoulTrapperPosted 3/2/2014 4:55:13 AM
DarkHoles posted...

He is telling me i am wrong when at the bottom of the article it agrees with me.

What article? The one you didn't post?

Or the article in the topic I linked too, which doesn't say anywhere that the xbox version outperforms to ps4 version?

Performance on PS4 and Xbox One counts as a bigger concern, and neither deserves any sort of recommendation here. Frankly, it feels unpleasant to control Garrett when moving with any haste - not due to frame-rate dips alone, but because of the pacing of these frames, leading to stuttering. We'd encourage buying the well-optimised PC version, as handled by port veterans Nixxes, over either of these next-gen releases as there are far fewer issues in this regard.

All in all, it's hard not to be disappointed on a technical level with Thief. It's often our refrain, but in this case we'd strongly urge opting for the PC release if it's an option. If you're committed to buying for one next-gen platform or another, the superior texture filtering on Xbox One means it carries itself slightly better in the visual stakes - but frame-pacing aside, for the most part all three versions match up very closely indeed.

What it does say, is that the texture filtering is better on the xbox one.
Nowhere does it say it outperforms the ps4.
#12DarkHoles(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 5:10:07 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
DarkHoles posted...

He is telling me i am wrong when at the bottom of the article it agrees with me.

What article? The one you didn't post?

Or the article in the topic I linked too, which doesn't say anywhere that the xbox version outperforms to ps4 version?

Performance on PS4 and Xbox One counts as a bigger concern, and neither deserves any sort of recommendation here. Frankly, it feels unpleasant to control Garrett when moving with any haste - not due to frame-rate dips alone, but because of the pacing of these frames, leading to stuttering. We'd encourage buying the well-optimised PC version, as handled by port veterans Nixxes, over either of these next-gen releases as there are far fewer issues in this regard.

All in all, it's hard not to be disappointed on a technical level with Thief. It's often our refrain, but in this case we'd strongly urge opting for the PC release if it's an option. If you're committed to buying for one next-gen platform or another, the superior texture filtering on Xbox One means it carries itself slightly better in the visual stakes - but frame-pacing aside, for the most part all three versions match up very closely indeed.

What it does say, is that the texture filtering is better on the xbox one.
Nowhere does it say it outperforms the ps4.

It says the X1 carries itself slightly better in visual stakes. Incase you dont understand that means it looks better.
#13SoulTrapperPosted 3/2/2014 5:13:09 AM
DarkHoles posted...

It says the X1 carries itself slightly better in visual stakes. Incase you dont understand that means it looks better.

Yes, and this is what you claimed:

According to Eurogamer.net the xbox one version of thief out performs the ps4 version,

Which is not what the article says.

In case (two words) you don't (apostrophe) know what the difference between out performing and looking slightly better means, I suggest you try to read the actual article.
#14DarkHoles(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 5:16:55 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
DarkHoles posted...

According to Eurogamer.net the xbox one version of thief out performs the ps4 version,

In case (two words) you don't (apostrophe) know what the difference between out performing and looking slightly better means, I suggest you try to read the actual article.

im on my X1 so it takes long enough to write let alone punctuate properly, either way anyone who read the article (which really you should before commenting) would know what i meant.
#15krystylaPosted 3/2/2014 5:24:30 AM
DarkHoles posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
DarkHoles posted...

im on my X1 so it takes long enough to write let alone punctuate properly, either way anyone who read the article (which really you should before commenting) would know what i meant.

But you didn't link the article and claimed something different.

Never thought I'd be on SoulTrappers side.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#16SoulTrapperPosted 3/2/2014 5:26:19 AM(edited)
DarkHoles posted...

Yeah, the article you didn't give a link too.
I wonder why.

krystyla posted...

Miracles truly do happen
#17DarkHoles(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 5:26:07 AM
krystyla posted...
DarkHoles posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
DarkHoles posted...

I clearly said i cannot link as i am on my X1, but i said where you can find it.
#18SoulTrapperPosted 3/2/2014 5:27:23 AM
The thing to remember from the Thief port, is that they did a terrible job on both versions.
#19InjusticeRebornPosted 3/2/2014 5:34:20 AM(edited)
PS4 game has more pixels compared to XB1 game:

"Them pixel totals! PS4 is obviously the right console. XB1 is inferior"

PS4 game has more texture detail compared to XB1 game:

"All thanks to those pixels! PS4 is obviously the right console. XB1 is inferior"

XB1 game has 'better textures' with lower resolution compared to PS4 game:

"Both terrible ports"

LMFAO. XD
---
"The bottom line here is that it's ok to troll the Xbox One. Just don't troll the trolls. They are the bread and butter of this message board." Juzten
#20DarkHoles(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 5:35:07 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
The thing to remember from the Thief port, is that they did a terrible job on both versions.

That may be so, i am just doing what every pony constantly does with every title (remind us theirs is marginally better)
Plus it is proof the X1 is just as capable.