Wolfenstein: Graphics on both PS4 and XB1 are identical.

#21Laylow12Posted 3/2/2014 10:48:31 AM
lilj812 posted...
xtacb posted...
Porsche Carrera and Toyota Prius

the racer makes both of the cars finish the race at the same time

guess they made the Prius somehow speed up to match the laptime of the Porsche?

or perhaps its more likely the racer just slowed down in the Porsche to match the Prius?

This post is perfect.

I agree, well put.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#22Reece504Posted 3/2/2014 10:50:23 AM
MonicasBack posted...
Payday 2 and riddick were amazing.

^this and also the darkness was underrated but not the best now darkness 2 was great!!!!!
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#23blitz_0623Posted 3/2/2014 11:01:43 AM
Laylow12 posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
The hardware in the PS4 is superior in every way, CPU, GPU, RAM. If the games run the same and look the same, that means that the PS4 version was diminished to match the XBOX ONE version. This will cost them sales on the lead console (PS4) as nobody wants a game that is downgraded for parity sake.

Incorrect. It doesn't necessarily mean they diminished the PS4 version to the same as the X1. It means the game doesn't need a lot of "power" to run at 1080p/60fps. Wolfenstein is one of these games.

Again, look at sports games. Why is FIFA/NBA2k able to run at 1080p/60fps on BOTH machines.

Why is GT6 1080p/60fps on the PS3? Why is Forza 5 1080p/60fps on the X1?

FIFA, NBA2k and Forza aren't graphic intensive games. You have the road and background with the tires spinning on Forza and if you look at a screenshot, the only thing that looks good is the stationary car. FIFA and NBA stay on the same screen the whole time. Have a look at the big AAA mulitplats and you'll see where the XBOX ONE is faltering. It's not next gen graphics and the sales are proving that people don't think its worth the $500.

That's exactly my point. Wolfenstein doesn't look to be a graphic intensive game. I don't think it's about diminishing the PS4 version. The game just isn't a graphics powerhouse like those sports games so even the Xbox One can run it at 1080p and 60fps.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#24da_StoOgePosted 3/2/2014 11:27:10 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...
Four months into a console's gold-period development is the greatest we can expect from it, full-stop.

Apparently. According to gamefaqs. With zero leeway for continued familiarity and developmental efficiency. Nada.

You're coming off awfully fanboyish lately. Stop and think about what you're saying for once. The PS4 is the more powerful machine, that's just a fact, and yes, devs will get more familiar with the X1 over time, but the same goes for working with the PS4.
---
My sig. Please don't mark it as being offensive.
#25chubbychaserPosted 3/2/2014 11:27:24 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
The hardware in the PS4 is superior in every way, CPU, GPU, RAM. If the games run the same and look the same, that means that the PS4 version was diminished to match the XBOX ONE version. This will cost them sales on the lead console (PS4) as nobody wants a game that is downgraded for parity sake.

Incorrect. It doesn't necessarily mean they diminished the PS4 version to the same as the X1. It means the game doesn't need a lot of "power" to run at 1080p/60fps. Wolfenstein is one of these games.

Again, look at sports games. Why is FIFA/NBA2k able to run at 1080p/60fps on BOTH machines.

Why is GT6 1080p/60fps on the PS3? Why is Forza 5 1080p/60fps on the X1?

FIFA, NBA2k and Forza aren't graphic intensive games. You have the road and background with the tires spinning on Forza and if you look at a screenshot, the only thing that looks good is the stationary car. FIFA and NBA stay on the same screen the whole time. Have a look at the big AAA mulitplats and you'll see where the XBOX ONE is faltering. It's not next gen graphics and the sales are proving that people don't think its worth the $500.

That's exactly my point. Wolfenstein doesn't look to be a graphic intensive game. I don't think it's about diminishing the PS4 version. The game just isn't a graphics powerhouse like those sports games so even the Xbox One can run it at 1080p and 60fps.

This
Raymand legend 1080p/60fps
on ps3/360/wii u/ps4/xbone. No biggie
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#26PorungaPosted 3/2/2014 11:29:41 AM
Limiting the ps4 version to match the xbo is a possibility. Also a possibility is the xbo version having reduced graphics detail in favor of resolution and frame rate. These systems could likely run games at a steady 1080p 60fps or higher if all games had the same level of graphics detail as ps3/360 games.
#27SigmaLongshotPosted 3/2/2014 11:34:13 AM
da_StoOge posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
Four months into a console's gold-period development is the greatest we can expect from it, full-stop.

Apparently. According to gamefaqs. With zero leeway for continued familiarity and developmental efficiency. Nada.

You're coming off awfully fanboyish lately. Stop and think about what you're saying for once. The PS4 is the more powerful machine, that's just a fact, and yes, devs will get more familiar with the X1 over time, but the same goes for working with the PS4.

I'm coming across as neutral but defensive; I work with the XB1 and though the PS4 has superior hardware, thus far there is nothing Snowdrop can run on PS4 that the XB1 cannot handle.

The issue is greater barrier-to-entry for developing tools for Microsoft's machine.

In my opinion we'll see the machines plateau at the same point midway through the cycle before the PS4 shows any major superiority towards the end of the generation.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#28PHOENIXZEROPosted 3/2/2014 11:49:44 AM
It's a game designed around last gen hardware, one should hope that newer hardware would be able to run it at a higher resolution and frame rate. But if there are differences (and there probably will be) might not say anything until after release.

Forza 5 was downgraded a fair bit from E3 to achieve 1080p at 60FPS, it's a poor example to use just like sports games are.
#29chubbychaserPosted 3/2/2014 12:06:51 PM
PHOENIXZERO posted...
It's a game designed around last gen hardware, one should hope that newer hardware would be able to run it at a higher resolution and frame rate. But if there are differences (and there probably will be) might not say anything until after release.

Forza 5 was downgraded a fair bit from E3 to achieve 1080p at 60FPS, it's a poor example to use just like sports games are.

yea very hilarious.

http://i.imgur.com/cssuYeS.png

(Next gen indeed - 1080pLOL)
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE
#30Mr BumpPosted 3/2/2014 12:08:54 PM
The graphic in Wolfenstien look, to be blunt, crap. Like a slightly jazzed up last gen game. So I'm not surprised they've managed 1080/60 on both platforms.
---
My games room: http://imgur.com/a/CA2yz
XBL: Mister Bump PSN: Mr_BumpNZ