Kinect is to XBOX 1 what Blu-Ray was to PS3...

#1Full ThrottlePosted 3/2/2014 10:17:38 AM
I think people are waiting to see exactly what the Kinect is doing for games since people were seeing what blu-ray was doing for its games which ultimately didn't pan out to much except having no multiple discs.

So basically it's really up to microsoft to come up with something fast if they want consumers to believe the kinect is truly the next great revolution to gaming other than so far having it listen to you turn on or off the machine and browse through the menus. This was clearly put in to cater to families though
---
PSN: mrduckbear
Call me mrduckbear, not Full Throttle, sweater monkies. For every bug that is intentionally stepped on, something evil will happen...
#2A_Wasted_LifePosted 3/2/2014 10:20:09 AM
Full Throttle posted...
blu-ray was doing for its games which ultimately didn't pan out to much except having no multiple discs.

Wat. It did exactly what a new disc format should do, larger disc space with faster read times and and its more scratch resistant too. Did you expect to project Nazis in your room for you to shoot?
---
http://i.imgur.com/n3cjTZW.gif?1
Killing's the first thing humans learned. And a good thing we did, or we'd be dead, and the Mudcrabs would own the earth.
#3Bottom1RemasterPosted 3/2/2014 10:25:33 AM
LOL NO. Dumb topic.

Don't even need a kinect to turn it on.
#4MonicasBackPosted 3/2/2014 10:26:37 AM
Faster but with a 2x drive wasnt it? I think thats why PS3 had such long load times and some mandatory installs.

I wonder what speed the bone and ps4 blu ray drive is.
---
Monicaaa
#5bob15xPosted 3/2/2014 10:35:16 AM
and the bluray player is expected to be next to extinct in 5 years.
#6CMX5Posted 3/2/2014 10:40:01 AM
MonicasBack posted...
Faster but with a 2x drive wasnt it? I think thats why PS3 had such long load times and some mandatory installs.

I wonder what speed the bone and ps4 blu ray drive is.

They're 6x I think.
---
PSN/XBL:CMX5
The PS4 and Xbone are both fine consoles. Nothing can change that.
#7Bottom1RemasterPosted 3/2/2014 10:41:31 AM
bob15x posted...
and the bluray player is expected to be next to extinct in 5 years.

Nice. Kinect has been Dead on arrival since Kinect 1.0 and playstation move.

And for some reason it's still being forced on us.
#8SoulTrapperPosted 3/2/2014 10:59:19 AM
I disagree, blu-ray actually offered some benefits.
#9gothmog87Posted 3/2/2014 11:03:38 AM(edited)
Why do 90% of those topics here feel like they were created by some serious meth head?
Blu-Ray was the only thing that kept the Ps3 partly alive for the first year, because the launch was such a mess.
Stop your analogies, they make my brain hurt.
---
Last of Us, on the other hand, looks barely better than a PS2 game.
~icewolf74 1/11/2014 9:15:11 PM
#10yiangaruuugaPosted 3/2/2014 11:09:18 AM
Blu-Ray was utterly useless for the PS3 until the last couple of years. It was horrendously slow (the Wii/Xbox 360 disc drive was way faster), and it did nothing except allow multiple disc to become single disc. Since multiplats were developed on the 360, and ported over, the PS3 did not receive the graphical fidelity that Blu-Ray allows.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.