Quick question from a new owner

#1Shaolin015Posted 3/2/2014 11:18:11 AM
Back in the 360 era I used to turn on the box and have it sign me on automatically. I'm the only one playing the system so I don't need to choose a different profile. How do I set the Xbox one like this. I don't use kinect and I am tired of turning it on and then having to sign in.

Also. How do I turn it completely off. Not put it on stand by
#2RenamonPosted 3/2/2014 11:19:43 AM(edited)
You can't.

Go to power settings.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#3Shaolin015(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 12:05:25 PM
Renamon posted...
You can't.

Go to power settings.

Thank you. And this lack of feature is quite lame.
#4OliverValdezPosted 3/2/2014 12:13:13 PM
Your are not using kinect meaning its disconnected from the console? The xbox one will autonatically sign you on everytime you turn on the console, since when this feature is not available? I just turned my box on and It said "Hi Oliver"
---
PSN^
#5bessy67Posted 3/2/2014 12:15:01 PM
Shaolin015 posted...
Renamon posted...
You can't.

Go to power settings.

They give you everything you need for auto sign in. You choose not to use it.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#6BTM4444Posted 3/2/2014 12:26:09 PM
bessy67 posted...
Shaolin015 posted...
Renamon posted...
You can't.

Go to power settings.

They give you everything you need for auto sign in. You choose not to use it.

Yep exactly, complaining about the lack of it but not using kinect is you being ignorant.
---
I'm a Proud Xbox One Owner :)
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!
#7Shaolin015(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 2:05:17 AM
Hahahaha. Ok. My choice to not use the kinect is the reason I shouldn't complain about a stupid feature that was there last gen. Screw choice and options these days. We should all just do what the great don mattrick wanted us to do.
#8MachineGunNunPosted 3/3/2014 2:14:02 AM
Shaolin015 posted...
Hahahaha. Ok. My choice to not use the kinect is the reason I shouldn't complain about a stupid feature that was there last gen. Screw choice and options these days. We should all just do what the great don mattrick wanted us to do.

Return the system and get your money back?

Or go on forum and cry like poo poo pants baby?
---
Two Lines Of Destruction
#9Millertime660Posted 3/3/2014 2:18:46 AM
Shaolin015 posted...

The feature is still there. That is what they are trying to tell you.

It just works different. In my opinion it is much better.
#10Shaolin015(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 7:40:03 AM
Millertime660 posted...
Shaolin015 posted...

The feature is still there. That is what they are trying to tell you.

It just works different. In my opinion it is much better.

In my opinion it's not the same. I don't want to use the kinect. It's faster for me to grab the controller and hit the guide button to turn it on or turn it off. I don't want to lock my console's profile with my facial key or whatever when I know I'm the only one using it. It's useless. Is it hard to imagine someone who prefers not to use the camera and wanting Microsoft to have the options for those people. People often forget that Microsoft was supposed to be the computer company that encouraged customizing, having options, or freedom. Control and uniformity is for apple. Why is apple ideology getting into Microsoft.