Developers should focus on 900p, and 60FPS as average for now

#1zerooo0Posted 3/2/2014 12:12:10 PM
If the 1080p route is too tough for developers then they should at least push on the console a little harder for that 900p. Ryse is currently one of the best looking games out for the X1 & PS4, and personally I think it looks better than inFamous:SS but that's personal opinion.

I would be perfectly content with 900p, and 60FPS for the games as it would look amazing. Also if developers really want to try maybe they could focus on the art style that could hide it. Art style to me trumps resolution, so if developers can start improving on that then it would be a nice spin. It would be great for Rare to make a new Banjo game to prove this. Hopefully we will see at E3 this year.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2BrownGottiPosted 3/2/2014 12:20:07 PM
In a year or so, this whole 1080p / 60fps won't be an issue. I would guess that many launch games simply didn't have enough resources, time, etc. to optimize the games. As you can see many of the upcoming games are in 1080p / 60.
#3BSerenityPosted 3/2/2014 12:22:16 PM
BrownGotti posted...
In a year or so, this whole 1080p / 60fps won't be an issue. I would guess that many launch games simply didn't have enough resources, time, etc. to optimize the games. As you can see many of the upcoming games are in 1080p / 60.

May I get a list of these upcoming games.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#4zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 12:25:05 PM
BrownGotti posted...

I'm not going to say if this will be an issue or not, I don't really care about it, but new tech takes time to get used to. If the X1 is a little more complicated to deal with then it will be better for the developers to start small than go big. I'm just surprised that not a lot of developers are pushing 900p with 60FPS when the system should be capable of that with Ryse. Ryse had a little shaky development, maybe if Crytek knew what they where going to do with it maybe they could have hit that 60FPS which would have made Ryse an even more great tech demo. Which is what I personally view Ryse as.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#5RagnarokxvPosted 3/2/2014 12:25:48 PM
The reason why games must be 1080p is that hdtvs have the resolution of 1080p. If the resolution doesn't match the image is scaled and looks poor.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#6BrownGottiPosted 3/2/2014 12:48:12 PM
BSerenity posted...
BrownGotti posted...

May I get a list of these upcoming games.

I guess I should have said the upcoming games are in 1080p.

Wolfeinstein - 1080 / 60
Murdered Soul Suspect 1080 / ??
EA UFC - 1080 / 30 all platforms
#7scorpio manPosted 3/2/2014 12:59:13 PM
Ragnarokxv posted...
The reason why games must be 1080p is that hdtvs have the resolution of 1080p. If the resolution doesn't match the image is scaled and looks poor.

Uhh no
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
#8realyoshdawgPosted 3/2/2014 1:05:57 PM
You think Ryse looks better than a game that hasn't even been released yet? Not arguing your point, I don't believe games need to be 1080p. But at least make a fair comparison.
---
XBL/PSN = yoshdawg
#9zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 2:33:31 PM
realyoshdawg posted...
You think Ryse looks better than a game that hasn't even been released yet? Not arguing your point, I don't believe games need to be 1080p. But at least make a fair comparison.

Yea from what Ive seen so far. Im not declaring that Ryse is undoubtedly more impressive, just from what Ive seen so far I liked better on Ryse. I think the comparison is fair as Ryse, and inFamous:SS to me are the most impressive looking games so far on the X1/PS4 & will serve as great tech demos from what we should expect from our consoles.
---
#10GoldenEye8686Posted 3/2/2014 2:35:20 PM
Games should be 1080p. It's 2014, it's pathetic to not have 1080p, look how long it's been out for. X1 will eventually get most newer games at 1080p, it's a learning process with devs.
---
Youtube.com/ihandsomedevil | TAC-12 Shotgun player