PS4 really isnt cheaper

#11samdmerocks(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2014 9:37:49 PM
Mr Bump posted...
samdmerocks posted...
I work at my local video games shop in NZ so the consoles are $649 and $749 and the xbox does come with Kinect but the ps4 camera is $109 so im sure sony wanted to have then camera with it at first until they realised xbox would be cheaper

I still don't own a PS4 camera and my Kinect isn't even plugged in (won't freaking work in NZ, even though I have an English accent ffs). So, yes, the PS4 was cheaper for me and I'd imagine most people.

PS: Where in NZ are you?

Im from christchurch
---
FX-6100 3.3Ghz, Gigabyte windforce gtx 660 2gb, 8gb gskills ripjaws
#12Jedi454Posted 3/2/2014 9:59:31 PM
A Ps4 by itself in Australia is $549, but now the Xbox One has a Titanfall bundle which is a copy of Titanfall ($70-80 game) + the Xbox One for $599. When I got my day one edition, it came with Fifa 14 which is valued ($70-80) at the time, so I don't think I got a bad deal.

The price difference of $100 in the US is unknown to me.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#13EvenglarePosted 3/2/2014 10:30:09 PM
Uhm... yes it is OP. The baseline of introduction to the next gen systems makes ps4 cheapest. To play a next gen console with the minimum amount of purchases the ps4 is much cheaper. If you want to include peripherals then no, but to PLAY a game system, it is completely 100% cheaper. /topic
---
The Game. When you think about the game you lose the game. You just lost the game. Welcome to the game.
#14KarimosaurPosted 3/2/2014 10:43:17 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
mygoodluckcharm posted...
Even if they both have the same price, PS4 is still cheaper since it's hardware is more powerful.

You're confusing price with value, Value is also objective, Price isn't, but the PS4 is cheaper than the Xbone, because of the Kinect being a required part of the bundle.

you mean value is subjective ?
---
Psn: Karim17
#15OZ_ArchangelPosted 3/2/2014 11:30:21 PM
I have a friend who works at a shop in Oz that purchases shipments from Sony and MS for his store. He said per console he buys the XBoxones for 250 (sold for 650) and the PS4 for 500 (sold for 550). i told him this is a lie and im not buying into it but he swears to me and all my other mates thats how much he buys them for, even sold the xboxone for 250 to some of us with no mark up price just to proove to us he is serious and that he wont lose money at his store. if this is seriously true i am shocked that MS is marking it up this much, I hope some media outlet can run a serious story on this to confirm the true cost on making the console from various suppliers
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great \_0__/ >>>> l__O__l "YES"."YES"
#16Jedi454Posted 3/2/2014 11:50:36 PM
OZ_Archangel posted...
I have a friend who works at a shop in Oz that purchases shipments from Sony and MS for his store. He said per console he buys the XBoxones for 250 (sold for 650) and the PS4 for 500 (sold for 550). i told him this is a lie and im not buying into it but he swears to me and all my other mates thats how much he buys them for, even sold the xboxone for 250 to some of us with no mark up price just to proove to us he is serious and that he wont lose money at his store. if this is seriously true i am shocked that MS is marking it up this much, I hope some media outlet can run a serious story on this to confirm the true cost on making the console from various suppliers

I'd need to see evidence of that happening.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#17Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 3/2/2014 11:58:14 PM(edited)
so does anyone else find it odd that even though they are both several hundred dollars more expensive he says there is still only a $100 difference?
and IDK if that's true about the camera. but in U.S. the camera is $70. so the PS4+camera=$470
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#18CarpetfluffPosted 3/3/2014 12:12:58 AM
PominAus posted...
Similar in Aus too. The price gouging by retailers we are subject to is disgraceful.

The usual argument for price hikes in other territories is shipping costs, but in your case you're closer to Japan than most of us and still get screwed over.
#19PominAusPosted 3/3/2014 12:37:02 AM
Carpetfluff posted...
PominAus posted...
Similar in Aus too. The price gouging by retailers we are subject to is disgraceful.

The usual argument for price hikes in other territories is shipping costs, but in your case you're closer to Japan than most of us and still get screwed over.

That's what they tried to fall back on until there was an investigation.

http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2013/07/29/australian-it-pricing-inquiry-concludes-high-games-prices-cant-be-justified
#20chubbychaserPosted 3/3/2014 1:23:54 AM
xbone with spycam included. Oh yea.
---
aaaHAA!! X800 XT PE