Want proof that resolution doesn't matter as much as some of you seem to think?

#11Mr BumpPosted 3/2/2014 8:11:09 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Mr Bump posted...
Congrats on not actually reading any of that. First of all, the main game is full 1080p, secondly the MP is using a clever interlace technique that they clearly say give a full 1080p image, just over 2 frame buffers. That is different to it actually being a lower realised resolution.

The fact that few have actually noticed that any upscale at all is in place speaks to its quality, and we can almost certainly assume that this effect is not cheap from a computational perspective

It renders at 960x1080 and uses the previous frame to fill in the missing pixels. Totally not full 1080p.

I agree, it is not even slightly full 1080p. However it is very clever and as they point out, almost certainly not 'free' in terms of CPU/GPU cycles and presents an excellent image. I can easily tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on my screen, but I would have been hard pressed to not think the Killzone MP wasn't true 1080p. It definitely has less lighting and effects than the SP, but the resolution looks the same as the SP tbh - and that's on a 120" screen. Titanfall, if the beta is anything to go by, will just be using the X1's internal scaler, so it will very obviously not be 1080p.
---
My games room: http://imgur.com/a/CA2yz
XBL: Mister Bump PSN: Mr_BumpNZ
#12Lawboy2Posted 3/2/2014 8:14:36 PM
Just posted I. The other topic....but no one will tell me what this actually mean
#13AzaneAzerPosted 3/2/2014 8:28:45 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
Just posted I. The other topic....but no one will tell me what this actually mean

It's refreshing every other line every other frame, so it's rendering every line 30 times per second, but alternating them, and the Human Eye cannot discern this.
#14Foxx3kPosted 3/2/2014 8:30:58 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

It's refreshing every other line every other frame, so it's rendering every line 30 times per second, but alternating them, and the Human Eye cannot discern this.

This is also what most Halo games did last gen. I believe COD did this as well. Although I think they used the more typical vertical interlacing. Halo 3 did something weird that was like x640 + x640. I don't know why they did that.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#15Lawboy2Posted 3/2/2014 8:41:51 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

Okay....nvmd....I never understood resoloution frame rate but now I'm defintely confused...thanks....I'm just a little slow
#16SamcroReaperPosted 3/2/2014 8:44:14 PM
So what you're saying is Sony lied about both the framerate and resolution, and all the people who claim to be experts on resolution missed the very obvious fact that Killzone runs at a lower resolution than the supposedly "ugly" Titanfall. Oh boy not a good day for Sony fanboys at all.
#17Lawboy2Posted 3/2/2014 8:50:28 PM
SamcroReaper posted...
So what you're saying is Sony lied about both the framerate and resolution, and all the people who claim to be experts on resolution missed the very obvious fact that Killzone runs at a lower resolution than the supposedly "ugly" Titanfall. Oh boy not a good day for Sony fanboys at all.

This is kinda of funny
#18Mr BumpPosted 3/2/2014 8:51:24 PM
SamcroReaper posted...

Lol, how to spot a fanboy. So sad.
---
My games room: http://imgur.com/a/CA2yz
XBL: Mister Bump PSN: Mr_BumpNZ
#19SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/2/2014 9:17:11 PM
Mr Bump posted...
SamcroReaper posted...

Lol, how to spot a fanboy. So sad.

I think he means that according to the people who claim they can tell the difference between resolutions ; it would be impossible for them not to notice this from the beginning.
And that's why it should be an obvious fact to those people. I don't know ... Something like that I guess...There are a number of topics by people saying they can't see a difference and a bunch of replies questioning people's eyesight and whatever else.
So according to these people it should be an obvious fact when they played Killzone.
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Crysis 3, Killer Instinct, Killzone: SF, BioShock: Infinite, Forza 5, Dishonored
#20CapnStankyPosted 3/2/2014 9:31:37 PM
Oh so many good threads tonight.