#101blax34dmPosted 3/3/2014 12:41:16 AM
Newave posted...
with progressive scan:
1x1080 = full native 1080p
960x1080 = full native 1080p
1280x1080 = full native 1080p
1920x1080 = full native 1080p
over9000x1080 = full native 1080p

1080p (or other such #i/#p combinations) measures what type of scanlines are being used, interlaced or progressive, and how many lines are being used, not the width resolution of the lines.

Killzone Shadowfall multiplayer runs full native 1080p with a width resolution at 960 with horizontal pixel doubling creating a perfect 1920x1080p image fitting all standard 1080p HDTVs like a glove.
Horizontal pixel doubling is something the human eye is virtually incapable of noticing even at really low resolutions, like the main menu of Driver on PSX, how many that played that game knew it's main menu sprites used horizontal pixel doubling until I informed you just now?
Yeah, I didn't think so.

Titanfall however, according to the first post in this topic, runs a measly 792p, which is pretty much instantly noticeable on a 1080p HDTV because it needs to be scaled up to fit the screen, causing blurred out pixels all over the place.
Also, most HDTVs don't have a width resolution of 1408 (most have the standard 1920), so the width is also scaled up over an uneven amount of pixels causing blurred pixels all over the place.

Simply put;
Killzone Shadowfall MP: Native 1080p and a perfect fit thanks to a trick virtually unnoticeable to the human eye.
Titanfall: Uneven number of pixels scaled up causing blurryness all over the place.

Newave throwin' out some knowledge on you jabronis!

In all seriousness though: no one cares what TitanCoD's framerate is.
#102EvilDarksidePosted 3/3/2014 12:46:26 AM
flame030191 posted...
EvilDarkside posted...
flame030191 posted...
SamcroReaper posted...
Newave posted...
with progressive scan:
1x1080 = full native 1080p
960x1080 = full native 1080p
1280x1080 = full native 1080p
1920x1080 = full native 1080p
over9000x1080 = full native 1080p

1080p (or other such #i/#p combinations) measures what type of scanlines are being used, interlaced or progressive, and how many lines are being used, not the width resolution of the lines.

Killzone Shadowfall multiplayer runs full native 1080p with a width resolution at 960 with horizontal pixel doubling creating a perfect 1920x1080p image fitting all standard 1080p HDTVs like a glove.
Horizontal pixel doubling is something the human eye is virtually incapable of noticing even at really low resolutions, like the main menu of Driver on PSX, how many that played that game knew it's main menu sprites used horizontal pixel doubling until I informed you just now?
Yeah, I didn't think so.

Titanfall however, according to the first post in this topic, runs a measly 792p, which is pretty much instantly noticeable on a 1080p HDTV because it needs to be scaled up to fit the screen, causing blurred out pixels all over the place.
Also, most HDTVs don't have a width resolution of 1408 (most have the standard 1920), so the width is also scaled up over an uneven amount of pixels causing blurred pixels all over the place.

Simply put;
Killzone Shadowfall MP: Native 1080p and a perfect fit thanks to a trick virtually unnoticeable to the human eye.
Titanfall: Uneven number of pixels scaled up causing blurryness all over the place.

Hahahahaa what a load of crap. Let me guess, it came from a Sony apologist at Neogaf. Hahahahahahaha. This is the most amazing day ever. Titanfall kicking Killzone's ass in resolution and making the Sony fanboys cry in the process. And to top it all off, Sony lied about the resolution and framerate of their launch game. AWESOME

I'm still waiting for you to tell the world how some random troll on the internet has knowledge about a game dipping below 30fps very often when gamers and reports on the article you keep referencing does nothing but praise how smooth the framerate is.

Smooth? The game runs between 50-40fps with drops below that range that are quite noticeable. Then there is a mode called "Warzone" (12 vs 12)... you'll be lucky if you hit 20fps on that.

Tell that to the dozens of reports on the subjects as well as the thousands of players that claim otherwise. Don't blame your lack of bandwidth on the game.

*Sigh*

I have a 20 Mbps connection... enough to run my games without any lag on my part. Want me to also show you my speed test? LOL

As for the frames, please visit the KZ:SF official forums and see how common of a complaint it is. You've been living on Sony fanboy land my friend.
#103Skul_Posted 3/3/2014 12:46:38 AM
You guys do realize that titan fall is a Source Engine game right? You can run that thing on a toaster.
---
i5-2500::GTX770::8GB
League IGN [OCE]: theLEECH
#104OmgitsMarioPosted 3/3/2014 12:56:02 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
OmgitsMario posted...
What I don't get is why people are comparing to Titanfall to Killzone and saying that it's a comparison of the systems...
If Titanfall is on the PS4 it runs better, period. There is no getting around this fact. You can go on and on and on and on and on, it's the objective truth. Sorry for bursting your bubble.

It's not the objective truth because there is no hard evidence of it running better on the PS4. It's just the "realistic expectation" or "anyone with a brain expectation" based on what we have seen from multiplats. But if and when it comes out on the PS4 and runs better than 792p, that's when you can say it's a fact

Fair enough haha.

flame030191 posted...
OmgitsMario posted...
What I don't get is why people are comparing to Titanfall to Killzone and saying that it's a comparison of the systems...
If Titanfall is on the PS4 it runs better, period. There is no getting around this fact. You can go on and on and on and on and on, it's the objective truth. Sorry for bursting your bubble.

This isn't true necessarily. PS3 was much more powerful than the 360 but because of the way developers made their games, many PS3 ports were inferior to the 360 port.

There is no debating hardware power in either situation and in the 8th gen systems, it's easy to tell that, typically, the PS4 version will likely play better soley because it runs more like a PC while maintaining better hardware, but simply saying that it's more powerful and therefore will play every game better is not accurate.

The thing is, it will run every game better unless a developer purposely decides to make the XB1 version better. They have virtually the same infrastructure, so the PS3 problem won't show up here. But I get your point, it's impossible to know unless you have a tangible comparison to make, I'll concede that haha.
---
The blue moon has risen!
#105flame030191Posted 3/3/2014 1:03:57 AM
EvilDarkside posted...

*Sigh*

I have a 20 Mbps connection... enough to run my games without any lag on my part. Want me to also show you my speed test? LOL

As for the frames, please visit the KZ:SF official forums and see how common of a complaint it is. You've been living on Sony fanboy land my friend.

Want me to prove to you why "speedtest.net" or whatever it is isn't reliable for in-game lag? Or have you figured out already that a website dedicated to giving you a result you'd want to see isn't as accurate as connecting to a game's servers with 23 other players over a network completely unrelated to that garbage website? By the way, it claims I have the equivalent a 57mbps connection. My PS4 pulls 42 wired without anything running and I'm only paying for a 45mbps connection. My games never lag and, even though I've stated MANY times I dislike Killzone Shadow Fall, I have it and play it from time to time and have no issues with it. I thought at first that maybe it was just me, but go through and look at the reports about the resolution, they're all praising the framerate and claiming that the trade off was worth it.

You're welcome for the truth.
---
PSN ID: armyflame X360 gamertag: KGMR Flame
X1/PS4/PS3/360 gamer. Proud to be a God of War fan. http://imgur.com/APaWnBD
#106Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/3/2014 1:04:35 AM
EvilDarkside posted...

20Mbps connection you say? You're aware that most online games only uses around 500K to 750k worth of bandwidth, how fast your connection is doesn't equate to lag.

It's latency.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#107CarpetfluffPosted 3/3/2014 1:10:03 AM
SamcroReaper posted...
Aone1987 posted...
killzone gameplay wise may not be best. But getting in a graphics argument and using killzone shadow fall is stupid. Please use Knack or something Killzone is mofo gorgeous. Lol

We're talking about the multiplayer only here. Killzone multiplayer is far from gorgeous. It runs at a resolution lower than Titanfall and also at a worse framerate (compared to TF's beta). And for a box that is supposedly the best for 1080p 60fps, Sony had to go back and patch in a cap for 30 fps in single player because the PS4 couldnt handle 60fps.

The single player never ran at 60 anyway, it averages around 45 fps, but occasionally dips and the patch added an optional switch to lock it to 30 for people who noticed the juddering...which most people hadn't and still couldn't when it was pointed out to them. I only mention all this because your facts aren't straight, but I don't know why I'm bothering because the SP state of affairs has zero impact on your topic statement.
#108EvilDarksidePosted 3/3/2014 1:26:32 AM
flame030191 posted...
EvilDarkside posted...

*Sigh*

Want me to prove to you why "speedtest.net" or whatever it is isn't reliable for in-game lag? Or have you figured out already that a website dedicated to giving you a result you'd want to see isn't as accurate as connecting to a game's servers with 23 other players over a network completely unrelated to that garbage website? By the way, it claims I have the equivalent a 57mbps connection. My PS4 pulls 42 wired without anything running and I'm only paying for a 45mbps connection. My games never lag and, even though I've stated MANY times I dislike Killzone Shadow Fall, I have it and play it from time to time and have no issues with it. I thought at first that maybe it was just me, but go through and look at the reports about the resolution, they're all praising the framerate and claiming that the trade off was worth it.

And I also have no lag whatsoever on my games, what's your point? I've been playing online videogames for a LONG time and I'm able to distinguish lag from frame drops.

No man, frames are not up to par (50fps average with noticeable drops). In modes with more players (24) frames hell breaks lose, even Neogaf agrees...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778172

You haven't played the game enough. Thanks but no thanks for the "truth".
#109flame030191Posted 3/3/2014 1:36:57 AM
EvilDarkside posted...
flame030191 posted...
EvilDarkside posted...

*Sigh*

And I also have no lag whatsoever on my games, what's your point? I've been playing online videogames for a LONG time and I'm able to distinguish lag from frame drops.

No man, frames are not up to par (50fps average with noticeable drops). In modes with more players (24) frames hell breaks lose, even Neogaf agrees...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778172

You haven't played the game enough. Thanks but no thanks for the "truth".

If you don't mind showing me your "extensive play" with it, post your PSN ID.
---
#110flame030191Posted 3/3/2014 2:20:00 AM
Just played a full round of 24 player Team Deathmatch in Killzone Shadow Fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STKK_wAtSGI&feature=youtu.be

Hardly any framerate issues, no lag, just same old Killzone only prettier and with a higher framerate cap. It didn't play as smooth as CoD traditionally does and nowhere near as smooth as Battlefield can play, but still it seemed to be holding its own within the 50fps range the entire match.

I thought it was supposed to drop to PS3 Skyrim levels of framerate. What happened to that?
---