720p 922p 1080i 1080p 1244p 1480p 2134p 1273817p

#1VOLTIS69Posted 3/2/2014 8:09:57 PM
is this now the new thing to decide if games are worth buying or for it to be labeled inferior? seems kinda pointless doesn't it if both consoles play the same, sound the same, same story, same characters? gone are the days of enjoying what the games had to offer but instead, this gen of gamers are arguing about resolutions......smh. Oh well, I'll crawl back to my cave and continue playing Panzer Dragoon Saga.....which does less then 98p and still very enjoyable. Have at it resolution warriors.
#2Foxx3kPosted 3/2/2014 8:11:10 PM
Curious that you seem to imply that audio is important but graphics aren't.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3Laylow12Posted 3/2/2014 8:17:12 PM(edited)
It's not pointless though, graphics are a very important part of gaming. Higher frame rates equal smoother gaming. Higher resolutions equals more detail. The last thing you want is an upscaler to touch a game because they all cause blurry and muddy images unless you have a $1000+ Oppo Blue Ray player doing the up scaling.

Up scaling is applied to any game less than 1080p native which most of the XBOX ONE games are while the PS4 games are native 1080p.

It's a huge issue right now and why the PS4 is selling like hot cakes and the XBOX ONE is still behind the Wii-U.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#4BoneRevolutionPosted 3/2/2014 8:17:31 PM
Compromise graphics quality for the sake of resolution is not good. It's a good selling point though.

Would DR3 at 1080p with half content on screen be a better game? Doubt it.
#5dementedlullabyPosted 3/2/2014 8:25:44 PM
I played Panzer Dragoon Saga recently at 1080p. Get on my level.
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#6Dev445Posted 3/2/2014 8:27:27 PM
The times we live in man, the times we live in
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#7Garage_ManPosted 3/2/2014 8:43:58 PM
Nobody is arguing that resolution makes a game. I just finished ff9 and it's res is 240x320..how's that for low numbers That's 78000 pixels vs 2Million for 1080. That said it has taken my number one spot period, I never thought a game could be so amazing in my life, heck it's changed what I think of gaming!

The problem is that one console is doing it better, I'd we had pairity this is a moot point but we don't. It's going to get far worse as time goes on as well. Just ignore anyone that talks about resolutions and and enjoy games isn't that what we are all trying to do? Have a community to share with?
#8SolisPosted 3/2/2014 9:06:45 PM
VOLTIS69 posted...
is this now the new thing to decide if games are worth buying or for it to be labeled inferior? seems kinda pointless doesn't it if both consoles play the same, sound the same, same story, same characters? gone are the days of enjoying what the games had to offer but instead, this gen of gamers are arguing about resolutions......smh. Oh well, I'll crawl back to my cave and continue playing Panzer Dragoon Saga.....which does less then 98p and still very enjoyable. Have at it resolution warriors.

Here's what Panzer Dragoon Saga looks like at 98p:

http://mar.imghost.us/KL4D.png

Have fun with that.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#9ImThe8thWonderPosted 3/2/2014 9:13:55 PM(edited)
You're right. Why care what games look like at all? In fact, all characters and objects should simply be a series of colored squares. Why invest so much in graphical detail with making a character/environment look realistic, for example, when none of that matters compared to the gameplay? Yes sir, anything other than moving cubes disgusts my pure gaming nature.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that offers criticisms is a troll.
#10RaRitsujunPosted 3/2/2014 10:00:21 PM
VOLTIS69 posted...

Stay away from last gen, current gen, and future gens then.
What a sad fellow.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.