Titanfall dedicated servers. Killzone p2p.

#1MachineGunNunPosted 3/2/2014 11:42:16 PM
Which ones more next gen?
---
Two Lines Of Destruction
#2SaltyBotzPosted 3/2/2014 11:48:12 PM
Killzone is a last-gen game. The graphics aren't even that impressive on it. I heard the Sony fanboys talking up its graphics, but from what I seen of the game it doesn't look as good as Ryse does. There isn't a game on PS4 that looks as good as Ryse atm.
#3crynryanPosted 3/2/2014 11:54:26 PM
SaltyBotz posted...
Killzone is a last-gen game. The graphics aren't even that impressive on it. I heard the Sony fanboys talking up its graphics, but from what I seen of the game it doesn't look as good as Ryse does. There isn't a game on PS4 that looks as good as Ryse atm.

Ryse uses tons of pre-rendered video, not sure what Killzone does.

But answering TC's question, they're both current-gen. Killzone has less to keep track of (no bots for the game to run simulations with), while Titanfall most likely needs the servers in order to run the AI it has.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#4CapwnDPosted 3/2/2014 11:59:56 PM
Killzone isn't bad.

Lets not make this like the PS3 board. Let the douchebag ponyfanboys troll, don't engage them, let them petter themselves out, they'll be down for nap time soon enough.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#5SaltyBotzPosted 3/3/2014 12:01:53 AM
crynryan posted...

I don't really care how they did it. All I know is it looks better than anything on PS4 right now.
#6MachineGunNun(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 12:04:00 AM(edited)
crynryan posted...
SaltyBotz posted...

But answering TC's question, they're both current-gen. Killzone has less to keep track of (no bots for the game to run simulations with), while Titanfall most likely needs the servers in order to run the AI it has.

The point is dedicated servers are the norm with Xbox one games such as titanfall.

Which is a feature I consider to be next gen.
---
Two Lines Of Destruction
#71nternationa7Posted 3/3/2014 12:07:30 AM
My old Counterstrike bots were much smarter than these Titanfall bots and they all ran on my old Pentium 3 computer.
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781
#8Millertime660Posted 3/3/2014 12:18:14 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
My old Counterstrike bots were much smarter than these Titanfall bots and they all ran on my old Pentium 3 computer.

i dont get where this point is going.....
#9MonicasBackPosted 3/3/2014 12:19:29 AM
Killzone is meh and always has been. Compare titanfall to a good shooter like BF or even Halo.
---
Monicaaa
#101nternationa7Posted 3/3/2014 12:22:57 AM
Millertime660 posted...
1nternationa7 posted...

i dont get where this point is going.....

Meaning dedicated servers isn't really helping all that much considering that the Titanfall AIs are all as dumb as bricks.
---
Version 1 of My Movelist for Lords of Shadow 2: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/672716-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2/68667781