Titanfall dedicated servers. Killzone p2p.

#51Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/3/2014 1:20:44 AM
MachineGunNun posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
MachineGunNun posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
dedicated servers isn't next gen, it's been around for over a decade

Last gen was the majority p2p for mp shooters on console.

Current gen dedicated servers for all mp shooters should be the norm.

Playing a p2p would honestly be a big time turn off for me on either the ps4 or Xbox one.

I have played three seperate shooters on xboxone. All three run on dedicated servers.

I find that to be a feature that this current gen should have no matter what.

P2P really isn't much of a difference, only console gamers really care about it. The advantage the host receives is very minimal and isn't going to bring an unfair advantage in the real world.

BTW, Ghosts is P2P, the game only uses the network for storing data and keep track of data, actual matches are p2p.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/12/10/keep-tabs-on-which-xbox-one-games-use-the-cloud.aspx

Only Forza uses the dedicated servers.

Edit: see, you don't even know if you're on a dedicated server or P2P, but yet complain about it

Thats the cloud. On Microsofts provided server available to any developer.

However cod ghosts and bf4 use dedicated servers. Just not the cloud servers. Which I consider to be a next gen feature

Also titanfall beta was on the cloud servers and ran great.

I play mp shooter primarily and I can tell the diffrence between the two. And we all know which one is more stable.

p2p is last gen. Developers know it and so does Microsoft.

So far I'd say Xbox is winning on that front in actually providing those servers. Real cool stuff.

Ghosts is P2P, the only dedicated server it uses is the azure server to store data

Source, Microsoft
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#52Millertime660Posted 3/3/2014 1:25:52 AM
to try an clear some confusuion. http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/18949/article/infinity-ward-explains-call-of-duty-ghosts-hybrid-system-servers/

So definitely not P2P or dedicated.... a hybrid like stated before.

Anyways.... I didnt play that much COD but were the servers really that bad? I didnt have a single issue.

regardless.... Titanfall will be using a much more advanced server infastructure than anything currently available (except forza). Thats the topic we need to stay on.
#53Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/3/2014 1:27:42 AM
Millertime660 posted...
to try an clear some confusuion. http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/18949/article/infinity-ward-explains-call-of-duty-ghosts-hybrid-system-servers/

Anyways.... I didnt play that much COD but were the servers really that bad? I didnt have a single issue.

regardless.... Titanfall will be using a much more advanced server infastructure than anything currently available (except forza). Thats the topic we need to stay on.

Titanfall use of the server is no more advanced than an MMO from 10 years ago.

The server handles AI, locations, etc, same for MMOs
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#54Millertime660Posted 3/3/2014 1:32:57 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Millertime660 posted...

Gotcha... never played an mmo. I did not know that. Thanks!
#55Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/3/2014 1:36:21 AM(edited)
Millertime660 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Millertime660 posted...

Don't start, they can be rather time consuming and often addicting

Edit: It is a new concept for shooters, etc.. just same type of usage has been done in other genres
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
#56MachineGunNun(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 1:41:40 AM
Millertime660 posted...

The hybrid means it offers both. Never have I once seen a host migration on a cod match on my Xbox one.

So unless they have some amazing smoke and mirrors when a hosts changes I refuse to believe I have played all those hours and not seen a single host change.

Where as on ghosts 360 I have seen the host change many times so I know exactly what the host change looks like.

However it doesn't deter from the fact that titanfall runs on a dedicated server while killzone isn't even a hybrid or listen server. Its straight up p2p.
---
Two Lines Of Destruction
#57Millertime660Posted 3/3/2014 1:43:04 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Millertime660 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Millertime660 posted...

Don't start, they can be rather time consuming and often addicting

Edit: It is a new concept for shooters, etc.. just same type of usage has been done in other genres

I dont plan on it.... seems way too time consuming for me haha. It does seem like a new concept for shooter though. Im completely fine with that.
#58DamnEvilDogPosted 3/3/2014 2:32:35 AM
We don't need more PS4 vs Xbox One threads.

I had enough of them from the trolls from the various bridges they crawled out from under of, we really don't need topics like this from Xbox One owners.

Please people, we should be more respectful of others -__-
---
XBL: DamnEvilDog
#59MachineGunNun(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 2:46:02 AM
DamnEvilDog posted...
We don't need more PS4 vs Xbox One threads.

I had enough of them from the trolls from the various bridges they crawled out from under of, we really don't need topics like this from Xbox One owners.

Please people, we should be more respectful of others -__-

OK dad. I'm sorry.

However I'm highly optimistic about p2p being a thing of the past. Hope it works out that way because it's what I want for my console playing no matter what console I'm on.
---
Two Lines Of Destruction
#60copycat2008Posted 3/3/2014 2:46:21 AM
SaltyBotz posted...
Killzone is a last-gen game. The graphics aren't even that impressive on it. I heard the Sony fanboys talking up its graphics, but from what I seen of the game it doesn't look as good as Ryse does. There isn't a game on PS4 that looks as good as Ryse atm.

there isnt any game in ps4 as good as ryse?
well!!!
titanfall hasnt even come out yet so i guess we can use games that are still in development eh
as good as ryse? "The Order 1886"
CG and game play merge in one, ryse looks good but gameplay sucked.
for the moment the order looks even better than ryse, but no info on the gameplay yet.