Digital download or disc based? Price is not a factor.

#1RenamonPosted 3/3/2014 12:31:52 AM
Assuming the price is exactly the same, would you download something digitally, or buy a disc? - Results (78 votes)
Digital Download
29.49% (23 votes)
Disc
70.51% (55 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Getting so tired of all the trolls and other crap that seems to flood the board anymore, so how about a poll?

I'll take a digital download. Only because I don't have to get up to change games. Or if MS or some third party would invent a disc changer, I'd buy that.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#2Millertime660Posted 3/3/2014 12:40:10 AM
It really depends.... If I could get the game digitally at midnight then yes.... otherwise definitely not if the price is the same.
#3OZ_ArchangelPosted 3/3/2014 12:56:02 AM
disc always even at an extra cost. dont trust digital. i know they say buy this once and youll keep it forever thats BS. take a look at gran turismo 5 next month you lose any dlc you cant get it again, if you purchased it and forgot to activate it its gone, if you delete the data you cant get it again. you dwnld 1 game and then next console generation you have to do it all over again. i dont believe anything that sony or ms say regarding digital content, its just another scam to take your money. stick to discs everyone and pray next gen consoles wont go this way
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great \_0__/ >>>> l__O__l "YES"."YES"
#4loafy013Posted 3/3/2014 12:57:53 AM
If I'm going to spend money on something, I prefer to have a physical copy. I don't want to "own" something that doesn't actually exist outside of some 0's and 1's.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#5evecharmevePosted 3/3/2014 1:03:32 AM
Disc, An download is worthless to anyone but yourself and to you you can only play it.

You can still lend a disc, trade it or sell it and it still has a value even if you don't plan on it.
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#6DeadLock25Posted 3/3/2014 1:07:45 AM
evecharmeve posted...
Disc, An download is worthless to anyone but yourself and to you you can only play it.

You can still lend a disc, trade it or sell it and it still has a value even if you don't plan on it.

Xbox Home Console sharing says your first statement is false.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#70PTICSPosted 3/3/2014 1:43:48 AM
Disc, only cuz I can sell it when I'm done.
#8evecharmevePosted 3/3/2014 1:46:46 AM
DeadLock25 posted...
evecharmeve posted...

Xbox Home Console sharing says your first statement is false.

It's sad they have a name for "playing whats downloaded on your console" I guess it's PC home sharing if someone comes over my house and opens up solitaire" Not like your going to let them take your Xbone home for the weekend.
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#9BDJaycePosted 3/3/2014 2:24:45 AM
If you're not worried about price.. i'd go digital on most games.

There are some games i'd rather go disc based but being able to buy and download without ever leaving your chair is too convenient to pass up.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#10Jeh64Posted 3/3/2014 4:54:45 AM
Disc for me.