Did you like Halo 4?

#1zelda_3003Posted 3/3/2014 1:54:33 AM
It's my least played Halo game. Halo 3's multiplayer hooked me for 4 years, Halo 4's multiplayer hooked me for 2 weeks. I just tried replaying it and i did have some fun with the campaign although I can't find any appeal in the Prometheans. They're boring to shoot and they're weapons just aren't that interesting.

I also wasn't a big fan of Reach, the armor abilities didn't enhance anything for me and kind of ruined multiplayer. It's hard to put my finger on the other factors but Reach just wasn't my game.

Makes me a little worried about buying an Xbox One for the next Halo as I'm pretty uncertain with where the franchise is going from a gameplay perspective.
#2Millertime660Posted 3/3/2014 1:58:56 AM
i enjoyed the campaign and story. played MP for about 2 weeks as well.
#3Goregasm17Posted 3/3/2014 2:01:37 AM
Halo 4 ruined it..in my opinion:

What happen to picking weapons and equipment around the level, with gun respawn times in previous titles you had power weapons that could turn a game. Sure you occasionally got a random weapon given to you for scoring so and so amount of kills..not to mention how lame it is to spawn and be shot from across the map with the gun everyone spawns with, DMR..Halo 4 made everything work like call of duty. That is not what Halo needed
#4krystylaPosted 3/3/2014 2:03:16 AM
Never played any Halo but a good friend of mine loves it.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#5zelda_3003(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 2:03:35 AM
Goregasm17 posted...
Halo 4 ruined it..in my opinion:

What happen to picking weapons and equipment around the level, with gun respawn times in previous titles you had power weapons that could turn a game. Sure you occasionally got a random weapon given to you for scoring so and so amount of kills..not to mention how lame it is to spawn and be shot from across the map with the gun everyone spawns with, DMR..Halo 4 made everything work like call of duty. That is not what Halo needed

That's how I feel too. Confident 343 will fix anything in the next Halo?
#6Shaolin015Posted 3/3/2014 2:08:00 AM
It was a serious departure from what made halo fun. Just a bunch of rooms with enemies rather than a purpose to your actions. The story was awful as well. You can't expect to turn die hard into a drama and make it work. Multiplayer forgot that it was halo not call of duty.
#7sdchiPosted 3/3/2014 2:17:11 AM
No. It was horrible. The campaign was terrible, storyline was laughable, multiplayer played nothing like Halo, and they removed a ton of things that were in the previous games.
#8dudultimatenessPosted 3/3/2014 2:20:21 AM
Yeah I like it, but mostly because I just like Halo in general quite a bit. My favorite was Halo 2 back when they still allowed dual wielding. I'll never understand why they got rid of that.
---
"Don't focus on da finger or you'll miss all dat heavenry grory"
#9da_StoOgePosted 3/3/2014 2:29:41 AM
I thought I did at first, but I've never replayed the campaign because the new enemies were annoying bullet sponges and ammo was too scarce, and I hated the change to MP.

I only played a few dozen matches, but I don't think I ever dropped my DMR and I still lead my team in every match.
Removing weapons on the map and giving everyone a great weapon set at the start ruined it.

It wasn't awful though. Everything was there for a great game, but they messed up a few things.
---
My sig. Please don't mark it as being offensive.
#10nableetPosted 3/3/2014 2:32:07 AM
Didn't like it at all.

SP was boring and I didn't finish it.

MP just took away what Halo was and made it in to a fairly bland experience. Load outs? Armor powers? (Reach started this crap) just bad.

Halo 3 MP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reach>>> Halo 4
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff