Most SNES games ran at a lower resolution and speed than Genesis games. But...

#31adampeltz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 5:14:12 PM(edited)
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
adampeltz posted...
The point of my topic was that resolution really isn't the only way to measure graphics. There are other considerations.

Look at the resolution you are comparing, it's very minimal at best. It's like comparing 1080P to 1075P

Not when you're talking about such low res games. Percentage-wise, the difference in resolution is very significant.

SNES games had 80% of the pixels that Genesis games had. To be fair 900p games have 70% of the pixels that 1080p games have.

---
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0
Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691 | Check out my profile for the list of consoles I own.
#32Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/3/2014 5:17:03 PM
adampeltz posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
adampeltz posted...
The point of my topic was that resolution really isn't the only way to measure graphics. There are other considerations.

Look at the resolution you are comparing, it's very minimal at best. It's like comparing 1080P to 1075P

Not when you're talking about such low res games. Percentage-wise, the difference in resolution is very significant.

Not really, the 20,000 extra pixels is nothing to write home about, since both consoles produced legomen type textures.

Comparing 20,000 pixel difference to a difference of 1,152,000 pixel difference between 720P and 1080P.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#33CT_ModelPosted 3/3/2014 5:22:15 PM
SNES did suck at sports games compared to Sega Genesis....just saying.
---
Gamertag: CT Model PSN: CT_Model
#34AzaneAzerPosted 3/3/2014 5:25:05 PM
CT_Model posted...
SNES did suck at sports games compared to Sega Genesis....just saying.

Tecmo was slightly better on SNES, graphics were crisper, while the genesis tried to add more, it just looked silly, and the Sega music chip was so bad.

Madden, I think were about equal, but I may as well give the mod to Genesis.

Mutant League, were great on the Sega.

As far as overall, I look at Phantasy Star games compared to Final Fantasy games, and I will say I think the Phantasy Star Series looked better than the Final Fantasy games, and that's hard for me to say, as I was such a final fantasy fanboy.
#35Ryan-06Posted 3/3/2014 5:47:01 PM
adampeltz posted...

And many parts make up a whole. If you want to continue being satisfied with lower quality parts then that's your choice while trying to justify a more expensive console for the long run.

Same with buying a car. When the $15,000 car performs better than the $19,000 car, what do think most smart consumers are going to choose for their long term use anyway?
---
Power of da Cloud confirmed, see the chart: http://ow.ly/tTbJy
Dat chocolate: http://ow.ly/t0gvj, http://ow.ly/t0g1Y
#36EnclavePosted 3/3/2014 5:53:22 PM(edited)
Wow, there's people who still think the Genesis was the more powerful system of it's generation? SNES killed the Genesis. "Blast Processing" was the same thing as "the power of the cloud", nothing but marketing buzz words that don't mean jack all. The SNES sported more colours, could output more sprites on screen and had a significantly superior sound chip.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#37da_StoOgePosted 3/3/2014 6:29:39 PM
Sorry, but these comparisons are just woeful. Argue that the X1 has better exclusives at the moment, but don't try and compare it to two consoles that both had advantages and disadvantages over one another, because the fact is the PS4 is just the more powerful machine.

And the reason for those two versions of Ninja Gaiden being different is that MS published NG2 on the Xbox and to get it on the PS3 they had to change enough elements so it could be considered it's own game.

Not too mention it attempted to fix the 360 versions frame rate issues by reducing the enemy count, and seeing as it was overseen by a different director, even the gameplay mechanics were changed.

Basically it had nothing to do with one machine being more powerful or harder to program for, as is evident by how similar both versions of NG3 are.

The PS3 and the 360 both had their pros and cons. That doesn't seem to be the case this gen, as the PS4 is easier to program for and more powerful.
---
My sig. Please don't mark it as being offensive.
#38LooksLikeRainPosted 3/3/2014 6:30:44 PM
BraveDogBFG posted...
You are talking about the early days of gaming. Noone was talking about graphics in the early 90s!

Born in '93

"90s Kid"
---
Is that a W shirt?
#39AzaneAzerPosted 3/3/2014 6:33:09 PM
Artstyle was more important than graphics back then in the long run anyways, the graphical limit wasn't so much how you could improve, it was how much you could make 16 bit look good.
#40chedibang1994Posted 3/3/2014 6:42:01 PM
Duke_of_Nuke posted...
Oh and Genesis always had terrible multi plats compared to the SNES which is why the SNES dominated that gen so it's a terrible comparison to try and make your point with.

No it's exclusives killed sega not multiplats it just helped
---
I Still watch Angry Video Game Nerd in pajamas