Most SNES games ran at a lower resolution and speed than Genesis games. But...

#51PippyThePooperPosted 3/5/2014 6:02:56 AM
TC.....

You just cannot compare Nintendo exclusives to Microsoft exclusives.

You just can't. Games sell systems, and the majority preferred Mario to Sonic. Try a better analogy or example to push your "Resolution doesn't matter" fool's agenda.
---
I've always wondered why an adult would accept a non-paying job such as being a moderator. It has become clear to me now that that no adult would. Or has.
#52JohnWall32Posted 3/5/2014 6:06:28 AM
Those games were being sold to uninformed buyers. The internet may be the down fall of the Xbox One...ironic isn't it.
---
Board User Level: Legend
#53adampeltz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 6:55:14 AM
Asellus posted...
So? Run SNES and Genesis games on emulators on an HDTV. Which console had better graphics? (Hint: not the one rendered at a higher native resolution). The type of TV is irrelevant.

You keep belaboring this point but I really don't see what you're trying to demonstrate with it. Okay, most Genesis games ran at a marginally higher resolution than SNES ones - that was more than offset by the SNES having the advantage in virtually everything else. It is not at all analogous to the situation with the current consoles.

The point is that resolution is not the end all be all, and the current focus on Xbox One's resolution is very overblown.
---
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0
Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691 | Check out my profile for the list of consoles I own.
#54SS_MetalSonicPosted 3/5/2014 7:38:34 AM
BraveDogBFG posted...
You are talking about the early days of gaming. Noone was talking about graphics in the early 90s!

Wrong!
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Crysis 3, Killer Instinct, Killzone: SF, BioShock: Infinite, Forza 5, Dishonored
#55knightimexPosted 3/5/2014 7:59:50 AM(edited)
Ryan-06 posted...
BLAST PROCESSING

There was a NES game that had the exact same speed as sega genesis. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5INj76ni21c&t=1m49s
---
Looks like I'm going to fight dinosaurs....
....Good thing I only brought a handgun and a knife. ~Survival Horror Logic
#56killtacular30Posted 3/5/2014 8:08:02 AM
We all know the Xbox One is going have better looking games later on in the cycle but so will the PS4... I would think a system with the better specs all away around would mostly likely have the better looking games if the game developer makes the most out of there games and not cut corners...
#57AsellusPosted 3/5/2014 8:09:39 AM
The point is that resolution is not the end all be all,

When there are other things to offset it. There aren't here though. The X-Bone can't display more colors than the ps4 can, it can't draw more stuff onscreen, the sound quality isn't any different, etc. The two systems are based around the exact same chip but everything the X-Bone can do the ps4 can do slightly better thanks to having that chip running slightly faster and with fifty-percent more graphical cores.

We could maybe quible as to how meaningful that power difference will be but when you throw in that the ps4 is the cheaper system... Unless someone comes up with something to turn Kinnect 2.0 into the must-have-Star-Trek-in-your-living-room item it was meant to be I'm not seeing any way for MS to turn the tables here.
#58killtacular30Posted 3/5/2014 1:53:19 PM
Yeah I think Kinect should have been a add on like it was last gen or sold two version of Xbox One 399 without Kinect 499 with it but I think the price should be a little lower than that even with Kinect...
#59kingofjamaicaPosted 3/5/2014 1:59:42 PM
Evel138 posted...
SNES is a great example....hell the greatest example being the PS2, the most successful console of all time. NO games looked better on it, yet somehow it didn't matter.

The ONLY thing that really matters, bottom line, is content.

Just take Killzone/Titanfall. Killzone could look like it had decended from high, being brought to your display directly by the glory of luminous angels, while Titanfall crawled out of the mud.....and yet, Titanfall is really the first killer app of this generation, having a buzz that's makes KZ seem like a forgot footnote already.

Brass tacks: graphic ain't everything.

I wouldn't really consider Titanfall a killer app. Yeah, it's pretty damn fun, but at the end of the day it's still just another fast-paced FPS. Unless the modes in the full game drastically change things, it's still just a really solid shooter(at least on PC, where I played. Don't know how it played on Xbox One).

First "killer app" in my opinion is Infamous. But I will always be more partial to solid single-player experiences.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.