Microsoft wants Xbox Live to power Android and iOS games

#1realyoshdawgPosted 3/3/2014 7:36:18 AM
http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/3/5465250/xbox-live-android-ios-cross-platform-games

Interesting...
---
XBL/PSN = yoshdawg
#2muffinmasherPosted 3/3/2014 7:38:05 AM
This sounds awful, now they want to lock our phones behind XBL paywalls.
---
3DS FC: 0173-1320-7190
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#3Pixx0Posted 3/3/2014 7:43:18 AM
Cool! You're going to love it when it goes down, just like GFWL is going down on PC in a couple of months.

Say bye bye to all that stuff you paid for, online services (such as MP) etc etc
Keep supporting MS guys, you're doing good.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#4realyoshdawg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 7:51:52 AM
I posted this with "good news" in my mind. But I forgot you can't post anything that might be good in regards to MS on this site.

I'd love the idea of a cross-platform Xbox Live set up. If a game dev wants to include Xbox Live achievements in their game, they can. Your Gamerscore can become more of a 'true' score, not just related to the games you play on Xbox 360/One. For example, if Ski Safari on iOS decided to support Xbox Live, you could link your Live account to that app so you could unlock achievements. Or maybe, instead of using Steam you'd rather have your PC games go towards your Live Gamerscore.

I think there's some good possibilities here if it ever pans out.
---
XBL/PSN = yoshdawg
#5MasterSword546Posted 3/3/2014 7:55:41 AM
Of course they do. They'll do anything to make some cheap cash.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238
#6Fade2black001Posted 3/3/2014 7:56:12 AM
Yeah.... no. That would be a horrible idea and everyone would be pissed off with it.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#7Bikes-Posted 3/3/2014 7:57:51 AM
realyoshdawg posted...
I posted this with "good news" in my mind. But I forgot you can't post anything that might be good in regards to MS on this site.

I'd love the idea of a cross-platform Xbox Live set up. If a game dev wants to include Xbox Live achievements in their game, they can. Your Gamerscore can become more of a 'true' score, not just related to the games you play on Xbox 360/One. For example, if Ski Safari on iOS decided to support Xbox Live, you could link your Live account to that app so you could unlock achievements. Or maybe, instead of using Steam you'd rather have your PC games go towards your Live Gamerscore.

You do know microsoft had gamescore for pc games.....

The system was so god awful that it's shutting down.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#8Fade2black001Posted 3/3/2014 8:01:52 AM
Bikes- posted...
realyoshdawg posted...

You do know microsoft had gamescore for pc games.....

The system was so god awful that it's shutting down.

Gamescore? Do you mean Games for Windows Live? I never heard of Gamescore
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#9Pixx0Posted 3/3/2014 8:20:49 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10MRL3G3NDPosted 3/3/2014 8:23:37 AM
wow I wish we could get past these tidbit games and focus on some mind blowing stuff

Maybe because I've lived through the 90's and grew up playing 2D games... I was actually happy to move to 3D...it was progress

Now it seems as though people are satisfied with 2D, and the industry doesn't have any demand or motivation to move forward...

smh
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM