can Microsoft sell a million Xbox ones this month?

#1LEGEND_KILLERRRPosted 3/3/2014 9:22:13 AM
Microsoft is definitely fighting an uphill battle with Sony and the PlayStation 4 pre-orders for this week are in Titan fallis in first place with over 50,000 this week alone. very close to the 400,000 mark in total. and that's just America

if they can sell a million consoles we would still be behind Sony but would be very close to the five million mark and that's good for everybody especially third party and Microsoft

and why do I bring all this up about third party and five million because dammit I want Mass Effect trilogy lol
---
GT HantedBlueMoon Respect Competition. (Don't Hate it)
#2AkumaOutsiderPosted 3/3/2014 9:23:12 AM
Link?
---
~Outsider.//.GrandFated
#3LEGEND_KILLERRR(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 9:26:38 AM
AkumaOutsider posted...
Link?

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41700/USA/

oh I'm sorry it's very close to 60,000 holy crap
---
GT HantedBlueMoon Respect Competition. (Don't Hate it)
#4AkumaOutsiderPosted 3/3/2014 9:28:24 AM
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
Link?

Wait... I thought VG was always wrong when it shows off ps4 numbers?...
Huh. Could so many people be hypocrites?...
---
~Outsider.//.GrandFated
#5krystylaPosted 3/3/2014 9:33:39 AM
Microsoft is definitely fighting an uphill battle with Sony and the PlayStation 4 pre-orders for this week are in Titan fallis in first place with over 50,000 this week alone. very close to the 400,000 mark in total. and that's just America

if they can sell a million consoles we would still be behind Sony but would be very close to the five million mark and that's good for everybody especially third party and Microsoft

and why do I bring all this up about third party and five million because dammit I want Mass Effect trilogy lol

"We"? I don't know about you but I don't feel affiliated neither w/ MS nor the XBO and as long as the XBO sells enough so that support doesn't drop it's fine.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#6AkumaOutsiderPosted 3/3/2014 9:35:31 AM
krystyla posted...

"We"? I don't know about you but I don't feel affiliated neither w/ MS nor the XBO and as long as the XBO sells enough so that support doesn't drop it's fine.

This. Saying since beginning. Don't have blind loyalty to corporations.
---
~Outsider.//.GrandFated
#7SoulTrapperPosted 3/3/2014 9:35:59 AM
From what we know from earlier on, both Sony and Microsoft hoped to sell 5 million consoles by March 31.
Sony has reached that goal and Microsoft is getting closer, but still needs to sell more than a million consoles to reach it.

So if Titanfall does well, they might get there, but if people decide to get Titanfall for 360 instead, it's going to be quite hard to reach.
#8Garage_ManPosted 3/3/2014 9:36:13 AM
No it won't. I just can't see it moving that much in march for a single game. I could be wrong but I think people would rather do other stuff with their tax returns....probably.
#9Troll_DirectoryPosted 3/3/2014 9:38:52 AM
AkumaOutsider posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
Link?

Wait... I thought VG was always wrong when it shows off ps4 numbers?...
Huh. Could so many people be hypocrites?...
no, the complaint is that all vg estimated numbers are wrong, until they revise them months after anyone cares. but, if you look back at their revised numbers, you can usually get more accurate information.
#10RaRitsujunPosted 3/3/2014 9:52:55 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
From what we know from earlier on, both Sony and Microsoft hoped to sell 5 million consoles by March 31.
Sony has reached that goal and Microsoft is getting closer, but still needs to sell more than a million consoles to reach it.

So if Titanfall does well, they might get there, but if people decide to get Titanfall for 360 instead, it's going to be quite hard to reach.

This.
And don't forget the superior PC version. LOL
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.