can Microsoft sell a million Xbox ones this month?

#11SoulTrapperPosted 3/3/2014 11:41:18 AM
RaRitsujun posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
From what we know from earlier on, both Sony and Microsoft hoped to sell 5 million consoles by March 31.
Sony has reached that goal and Microsoft is getting closer, but still needs to sell more than a million consoles to reach it.

So if Titanfall does well, they might get there, but if people decide to get Titanfall for 360 instead, it's going to be quite hard to reach.

This.
And don't forget the superior PC version. LOL

Yeah, but PC requires Origin, which is more of a deterrent than an encouragement
#12mokmuudPosted 3/3/2014 11:45:28 AM
How does game sales have anything to do with console sales?
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#13MRL3G3NDPosted 3/3/2014 11:50:01 AM
short answer hell no...most of the people on board with MS are there already...I would say they would net and extra 50k on top of what their average is now (44k) for a 90k-100k range

seriously...free game or no...if you are a gamer...word is on the street that the xbox is overpriced and underpowered... I don't see them moving any large number of units until they deal with that.

They went the wii route (cheap entertainment bundle) but they were so stupid to forget the wii was only $200...

cluster you know what
---
TITANFALL+GOOD MUSIC
http://youtu.be/QmwqqAq0GxM
#14Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 3/3/2014 11:56:43 AM
god I don't want a Mass Effect Trilogy port. thats time away from Bioware actually working on a new game. seriously those games have aged great just go play them on the 360
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#15Kovifan27Posted 3/3/2014 11:57:00 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
short answer hell no...most of the people on board with MS are there already...I would say they would net and extra 50k on top of what their average is now (44k) for a 90k-100k range

seriously...free game or no...if you are a gamer...word is on the street that the xbox is overpriced and underpowered... I don't see them moving any large number of units until they deal with that.

They went the wii route (cheap entertainment bundle) but they were so stupid to forget the wii was only $200...

cluster you know what

I would also expect a 50k-100k bump. It's not going to increase console sales that much. MS is doing there best to get people to forget it comes out on 360...

I'll grab it on 360. Can't justify $500 for visual differences.
#16tuks81Posted 3/3/2014 12:12:27 PM
95% who pre order already have xbox1 so no it won't sell millions
#17MasterSword546Posted 3/3/2014 12:29:53 PM
You're forgetting that 90+% of those preorders are people who already own the console, not people who are gonna buy one for the game.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238
#18Shik_stickPosted 3/3/2014 12:42:08 PM
AkumaOutsider posted...
LEGEND_KILLERRR posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
Link?

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41700/USA/

oh I'm sorry it's very close to 60,000 holy crap

Wait... I thought VG was always wrong when it shows off ps4 numbers?...
Huh. Could so many people be hypocrites?...

lol funny how that works right? Ever since the MS disaster last year it has been like this. Website or magazine or developer claims PS4 is better or ahead in any way and the Xbox fans go nuts and yell falsity. Same happens for Xbox One(a lot of which comes from teh SAME sources) and it is fact,

The sheer amount of delusion and double standard on these boards is maddening. But of course i will just be called a troll or Pony or douchbag for speaking facts, as always and i have accepted that and it bothers me none.

As for the topic...No. TF will sell a lot of copies and even a few systems maybe but i really doubt people will go buy a $500 system for a game they can play on two other platforms. The main sales of TF on X1 will come from those who already have the system and feel compelled to buy the game for the sake of having the big Sony killer. If you can call it that with a strait face.

All in all, MS has a long way to go before they catch up with Sony right now and TF will NOT make much of a difference in that regard.
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#19krystylaPosted 3/3/2014 12:56:26 PM
Shik_stick posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
Link?

Wait... I thought VG was always wrong when it shows off ps4 numbers?...
Huh. Could so many people be hypocrites?...

lol funny how that works right? Ever since the MS disaster last year it has been like this. Website or magazine or developer claims PS4 is better or ahead in any way and the Xbox fans go nuts and yell falsity. Same happens for Xbox One(a lot of which comes from teh SAME sources) and it is fact,

The sheer amount of delusion and double standard on these boards is maddening. But of course i will just be called a troll or Pony or douchbag for speaking facts, as always and i have accepted that and it bothers me none.

Please that goes both ways and is called hypocrisy. Humans thrive on hypocrisy.
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#20doodles40Posted 3/3/2014 1:00:52 PM
AkumaOutsider posted...
Link?

Um, you do realize that chart is just the number of game copies preordered. It has nothing to do with console sales.

I'm not sure what your point is.
---
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.