N64 < PS1 | GC, PS2 < Xbox | PS3 > Xbox 360 | PS4 > X1 |

#11krystylaPosted 3/3/2014 8:39:25 AM
AkumaOutsider posted...
krystyla posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
TheMove2 posted...
I think history shows that the more powerful system doesn't mean much. Every system in each gen was won by a less powerful console.

Games sell consoles.

Are you trying to say xbox "won" against ps2?
You know, the most successful console of all time.
And it had better games than xbox

I was confused at first but if you think for a moment you'll find the answer.

I know what his title was saying. But it's crossed up. Like N64 was stronger than ps1. But the rest it shows which is stronger....
I dunno, I guess I was shocked at thinking he was saying ps2 lost that gen.

Oh yeah wasn't N64 stronger than PS1? Didn't even notice it's the wrong symbol *facepalm*
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#12AkumaOutsiderPosted 3/3/2014 8:41:26 AM
krystyla posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
krystyla posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
TheMove2 posted...
I think history shows that the more powerful system doesn't mean much. Every system in each gen was won by a less powerful console.

Games sell consoles.

Are you trying to say xbox "won" against ps2?
You know, the most successful console of all time.
And it had better games than xbox

I was confused at first but if you think for a moment you'll find the answer.

I know what his title was saying. But it's crossed up. Like N64 was stronger than ps1. But the rest it shows which is stronger....
I dunno, I guess I was shocked at thinking he was saying ps2 lost that gen.

Oh yeah wasn't N64 stronger than PS1? Didn't even notice it's the wrong symbol *facepalm*

Lol yup.
---
~Outsider.//.GrandFated
#13sadiq2010Posted 3/5/2014 3:51:10 AM
BobbyB3000

xbox 360 is always trash and garbage.

so stop trolling.
#14jumbocatPosted 3/5/2014 4:49:37 AM
One thing to note, which has literally never happened before, is that the two big players this gen are broadly identical tech-wise - with PS4 having a slight but definitive edge. N64 had more horse power than the PSX but was crippled by cartridges. XB was several orders of magnitude more powerful than the PS2 but came late to the party and lacked Japanese developer support (which actually mattered in those days). PS3 had a more powerful CPU (in theory) than the X360 yet also ran late to the party and had an inferior GPU and was hard to program for. You could never really draw direct hardware comparisons.

However, this gen has two consoles which are very very similar compared to those previous gens. Ironically this means that performance differences are exacerbated rather than nullified. In previous gens I always wished for a super console that combined the best traits of the different products in the market - an N64 with a disk drive or a beefier PS2 with an XBL equivalent. This time the only real differentiating factor is PS4's superior power vs XB1's Kinect which is a novelty rather than a must have.

And why does all this actually matter? It's true when people say that gamers didn't seem to get all into resolutions and frames per second in the old days. That's because there were a lot more exclusives and less opportunities to make direct comparisons with multiplats. I'm completely pulling these figures out of my butt here, but I reckon 15% of games were multiplats in the N64/PSX era, 30-40% in the PS2/XB era and ~60% in last gen. I would not be surprised if this trend continues.

Thus, if multiplats are eating up more and more of the games market, and today's consoles are very similar technologically, I can see raw performance being a big deal and could possibly be determinative in the 'console war'. Speaking from PC experience, a few MHz clock speed can be enough to make one graphics card much more desirable than another even though they are made from the same reference design so I can see console performance being important in what is jow an apples to apples comparison.
---
ED
AC
#15richboy900Posted 3/5/2014 4:55:34 AM
sadiq2010 posted...
BobbyB3000

xbox 360 is always trash and garbage.

so stop trolling.

The 360 was by far and away the best 7th Gen console. I had that and the PS3, played 360 way more.
#16PippyThePooperPosted 3/5/2014 4:59:35 AM
TheMove2 posted...
N64 < PS1 | GC, PS2 < Xbox | PS3 > Xbox 360 | PS4 > X1 |

There are easier, simpler ways to post that equation.

On topic, yay Blogfaqs.
---
I've always wondered why an adult would accept a non-paying job such as being a moderator. It has become clear to me now that that no adult would. Or has.
#17RagnarokxvPosted 3/5/2014 6:03:19 AM
Dreamcast > (N64 < PS1 | GC, PS2 < Xbox | PS3 > Xbox 360 | PS4 > X1)
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#18Jedi454Posted 3/5/2014 6:10:19 AM
**** I hate fanboys.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#19rusty12000Posted 3/5/2014 6:28:21 AM
Opinions are great because we all have one. The Platform I played the most each gen is:
NES>Sega Master System
Sega Genesis>SNES
N64>PS1
Xbox>PS2>Gamecube
PC>360>Wii>PS3
PC>PS4>Xb1>Wii U

Not saying the best each gen, just the time I personally spent playing them.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#20tubb311Posted 3/5/2014 6:34:16 AM
Xbox 360 was definitely better than PS3

Also, algebra sucks.
---
GT: DonShetland