As of today, do you believe the Kinect is worth the extra $100 bucks?

#31Kespo13Posted 3/4/2014 9:09:48 AM
Honestly, it baffled me that they didn't have a solid kinect launch title ready at launch. I think it's a cool add on, but forcing it on people without having a kinect sports or kinect adventures title ready at launch is just dumb. Of course people are angry about getting a gaming peripheral that really has no games right now. I liked kinect games for 360. They were good for parties and a welcome change from your average FPS.....but there aren't any for the xbone yet
#32DarthUchiha91Posted 3/4/2014 9:13:36 AM
aszsith posted...
So basically the choices are

Yes
I'm a fanboy
No

What other responses can there be? Kinect is the one thing on xbox that the amount of people that hate on it just because they're a Sony fanboy are extremely low.

---
Proof that M$ is slowly bringing back DRM for the XBone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfNarCjSHM
#33Laylow12Posted 3/4/2014 8:10:39 PM
It only works 60% of the time and using a controller is easier and faster than dealing with it.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#34bgwilly255Posted 3/4/2014 8:16:53 PM
Full Throttle posted...
let's see what people think

Why do so many people think it's cool/funny to make these (attempt at) witty answers to polls? Your poll loses any credibility when you do this. A simple "yes or no" will suffice.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#35PorungaPosted 3/4/2014 8:31:22 PM
aszsith posted...
So basically the choices are

Yes
I'm a fanboy
No

No.. The choices are:

I'm a fanboy
I'm a fanboy
no.

The yes option should have been "Yes, I honestly believe it is worth the money due to all of the features and benefits it provides".

To call people that say it isn't worth it "complainers" is a very fanboyish thing to do. Some people have genuine reasons for disliking the kinect.
#36Owned13Posted 3/4/2014 8:34:49 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
i sold mine on eBay

This is odd. I'm using mine right now to navigate Amazon Prime to watch TV shows. It's great being able to not lift a finger to pause and play shows/movies and navigate menus.

To each his own I suppose.
#37newbie2007Posted 3/4/2014 8:41:56 PM
Owned13 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
i sold mine on eBay

This is odd. I'm using mine right now to navigate Amazon Prime to watch TV shows. It's great being able to not lift a finger to pause and play shows/movies and navigate menus.

So the kinect is like a $150 microphone?
#38Owned13Posted 3/4/2014 10:13:46 PM
newbie2007 posted...
Owned13 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
i sold mine on eBay

I mention one feature I enjoy and you immediately assume that's the only purpose it serves? Clever...

And by microphone I assume you really mean sophisticated voice recognition software.

I also like that it signs me in based on my face and the uses it has for Skype and recording video integrated with game clips.

Sometimes I even use the hand gestures to navigate menus.

Look, you may not like that it's automatically included with the X1, but that doesn't make it a microphone. There's a lot of great technology in there, but unfortunately it hasn't been utilized or fine tuned well enough to be accepted by everyone.

That's okay though, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.
#39jpraelsterPosted 3/4/2014 10:16:32 PM
Owned13 posted...
newbie2007 posted...
Owned13 posted...
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
i sold mine on eBay

I mention one feature I enjoy and you immediately assume that's the only purpose it serves? Clever...

And by microphone I assume you really mean sophisticated voice recognition software.

I also like that it signs me in based on my face and the uses it has for Skype and recording video integrated with game clips.

Sometimes I even use the hand gestures to navigate menus.

Look, you may not like that it's automatically included with the X1, but that doesn't make it a microphone. There's a lot of great technology in there, but unfortunately it hasn't been utilized or fine tuned well enough to be accepted by everyone.

That's okay though, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

this guy gets it
#40gamertylersPosted 3/4/2014 11:04:00 PM
Owned13 put it perfectly. I honestly don't think it's worth it right now, and would rather have saved $100 to be without it, but I do think it has potential. It's pretty much the same way I feel about the 3DS having the 3D slider.
---
Trainer: Tyler
FC: 2680 - 9393 - 3180 Tangela / Sawsbuck / Maractus