Kinect bricked, does Microsoft usually take this long

#1LBTHETRUTHPosted 3/3/2014 12:37:27 PM
So my Kinect doesn't power on. It could have been dead out the box but I never took it out the box. This was due to needing an extension for my set up. That's another story entirely. But I contacted customer support and did the advanced shipping on 2/13. Today the order is still sitting in progress. Has anyone experienced long waits just for the order to go through?
#2DarkHolesPosted 3/3/2014 12:40:42 PM
LBTHETRUTH posted...
So my Kinect doesn't power on. It could have been dead out the box but I never took it out the box. This was due to needing an extension for my set up. That's another story entirely. But I contacted customer support and did the advanced shipping on 2/13. Today the order is still sitting in progress. Has anyone experienced long waits just for the order to go through?

I thought you needed it for initial setup?
#3squarex8264Posted 3/3/2014 1:10:26 PM
DarkHoles posted...
LBTHETRUTH posted...

I thought you needed it for initial setup?

No, Kinect is not required for initial setup. You can skip the calibration/identity part.

Sorry to hear it's taking so long, TC. I think turnaround is usually two weeks I hear. You can probably call them for status.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#4LBTHETRUTH(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 4:41:19 PM
Yeah I've called several times. Problem is they keep escalating the order to this advocacy team but they never make contact. Banging my head against the wall.
#5rildomeinPosted 3/3/2014 4:42:29 PM
Apparently you don't need it to play the X1. Throw it away, or use it as a stapler.
---
[[[[[WATCH THE POWER]]]]
Youtube channel: joshlovaca
#6LBTHETRUTH(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 4:46:36 PM
Lol I paid a hundred bucks for the thing. I'd rather have it staring at a wall in my av closet.