Phil Spencer claims photorealistic graphics for Xbone. Cloud power mentioned

#21Ramsus082Posted 3/3/2014 5:52:31 PM
BrownGotti posted...
So many X1 developers in this thread. How about we wait and see. While it sounds like PR speak, I would disagree because the conversation keeps going back to the cloud. The first lesson in negative PR is to move past the story, not keep bring it up.

All of this speculation is leading up to an E3 demo that MS is hoping will blow everyone away.

But... the cloud itself is PR, at least how it's benefits have been marketed in regards to graphics and game code processing. Clearly there's many benefits to having dedicated servers for offloading code, but it's also just as obvious that Microsoft sees it's "big money" competition as Apple, Google and Amazon and the cloud hosting industry, and selling people on this concept is one waytto compete with then in marketing.

Think about it; people say that Microsoft has a "messaging" problem, but that couldn't be further from the truth. In reality, they've actually convinced their Xbox brand fan base to market their cloud hosting services for them. Some of you guys here are little more than glorified Avon representatives, only without the compensation, and selling hope to your peers instead of makeup kits. It's absolutely fascinating.

If I asked this board how many dedicated servers does Azure have, 90% of you could tell me without a Bing search. If I asked you how many XboxOne games have dedicated servers, probably less than 10% of you would answer "less than three". They've gotten so good at viral marketing these days that most people sell their cloud for them without even realizing how little it's done for us so far, or bothering to stop making their arguments for them and instead letting them convince us of it's tangible benefits to gaming.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#22DeadLock25Posted 3/3/2014 5:54:00 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
DeadLock25 posted...
Its pathetic that

You use that word a lot. Don't be so rustled and defensive for MS. They're not paying you.

I used it three times over two posts. I fail to see how that is "a lot."

And I think there are legitimate issues to be discussed about the X1, but putting words in peoples mouths, exaggerating the details and bashing them with poor attempts such as TC is just unnecessary. If he is going to complain fine, but there is no need to troll. Nothing TC claimed Phil said is true, so its just sad that he goes out of his way to bend the truth just so he can feel justified at insulting MS.

Its fine to question whether ray tracing can be utilized, if it will have a significant effect on visual quality or if its worth using it to begin with. Those are legitimate discussion, but instead TC makes a misleading title and claims MS has no clue what they are talking about...when nothing he addressed was even said by MS.

If TC posted "MS testing advanced ray tracing technique" and linked the 90 min video while asking the questions in my previous paragraph, that would have been fine. But he was quick to claim that MS promises "photorealistic graphics" (which was not even mentioned once...by anyone) and then saying the have no idea what they are talking about. So his intentions are pretty clear.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#23daniel79Posted 3/3/2014 5:54:20 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
DeadLock25 posted...
Its pathetic that

You use that word a lot. Don't be so rustled and defensive for MS. They're not paying you.

AzaneAzer posted...
The cloud's bandwidth limit (Average user connection) makes it a terrible choice to put any kind of graphical output on, it works for Ai, because it can allow for more "adjusted" Intelligence (Modifying the ai daily is a great trick to make it seem more human and random), but Cloud computing graphical power is a drop in the ocean compared to just having an up to date Graphics processor in your units.

John Carmack would agree. And now Mark Cerny explains why!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/17/ps4s-mark-cerny-explains-what-works-and-what-doesnt-work-with-cloud-computing/

How do you know they are not paying him?

They pay everyone else..
#24Ramsus082Posted 3/3/2014 5:55:40 PM
Look, I'm not telling anyone to stop being hopeful, or excited about the future and new implementation of dedicated servers to gaming. Just that maybe when it comes to the cloud, and hell, even Kinect, we let them make their case to us instead of us making their arguments for them.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#25Ryan-06Posted 3/3/2014 6:01:41 PM(edited)
MonicasBack posted...
Always online would be awesome. I feel for the people who live in the middle of nowhere but the haves should not have to suffer because of the have nots.

Yes because military personnel who have played games on deployment during downtime don't deserve the same quality gaming regardless of location. While you sit in your house all safe. They risk their lives away from 1st world comforts.

Remember this during RROD days? Even US marines will show their disapproval of a product it breaks on them. They don't care if it's American, if the PS3 is more reliable they'll take what works. And shoot what doesn't with machine guns lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz4EKv9HmsM - Marines fixing xbox 360. Now if American soldiers can hate MS (of america) THAT much... well they just put any msg board to shame lol.
---
Power of da Cloud confirmed, see the chart: http://ow.ly/tTbJy
Dat chocolate: http://ow.ly/t0gvj, http://ow.ly/t0g1Y
#26SomboSteelPosted 3/3/2014 6:10:24 PM
DeadLock25 posted...
Ryan-06 posted...
DeadLock25 posted...
Its pathetic that

I used it three times over two posts. I fail to see how that is "a lot."

And I think there are legitimate issues to be discussed about the X1, but putting words in peoples mouths, exaggerating the details and bashing them with poor attempts such as TC is just unnecessary. If he is going to complain fine, but there is no need to troll. Nothing TC claimed Phil said is true, so its just sad that he goes out of his way to bend the truth just so he can feel justified at insulting MS.

Its fine to question whether ray tracing can be utilized, if it will have a significant effect on visual quality or if its worth using it to begin with. Those are legitimate discussion, but instead TC makes a misleading title and claims MS has no clue what they are talking about...when nothing he addressed was even said by MS.

If TC posted "MS testing advanced ray tracing technique" and linked the 90 min video while asking the questions in my previous paragraph, that would have been fine. But he was quick to claim that MS promises "photorealistic graphics" (which was not even mentioned once...by anyone) and then saying the have no idea what they are talking about. So his intentions are pretty clear.

Just so you know DeadLock, Ryan-06 and BushidoEffect3 are one and the same.
#27BushidoEffect3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 6:12:06 PM(edited)
The tribesman are back. Don't waste your time here, go back to playing your xbox 1.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
To toxic board: FO3>NV. Don't agree? I don't care. (>^_^)>
#28Laylow12Posted 3/3/2014 6:17:31 PM
What good are these "photo realistic" graphics if they're in 720p and 30fps? The cloud cannot increase the CPU, RAM, or GPU of the XBOX ONE and thats the problem. Someday they say "The cloud" will make every XBOX CPU have the power of FOUR CPUs! Then we got "The Tiled Resources" Gobbledegook. Now it "Photo Realistic Graphics". I say..... How about you quit talking about graphics and actually produce some. In 1080p at 60fps like the Wii-U and PS4 do.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#29BushidoEffect3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 6:20:40 PM
Laylow12 posted...
In 1080p at 60fps like the Wii-U and PS4 do.

What Wii U games do that? I assume they are simpler looking like mario games.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
To toxic board: FO3>NV. Don't agree? I don't care. (>^_^)>
#30Laylow12Posted 3/3/2014 6:36:16 PM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
In 1080p at 60fps like the Wii-U and PS4 do.

What Wii U games do that? I assume they are simpler looking like mario games.

The Wii-U and the PS4 have more games in 1080p than the $500 XBOX ONE.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin