Possibilities of kinect for gaming and new kinect titles

#1lilj812Posted 3/3/2014 10:52:39 PM
The kinect was packaged with every Xbox one console and several months have now fallen by the wayside since the release of the console. Not that people have had the kinect for a while, there should be kinect titles coming out soon that use the kinect in new and innovative ways.... Right?

New and innovating and things that will bring gaming to a new level.

So, what has been announced about the future of kinect titles and what new features are you mostly excited about that's related to gaming?

;)
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#2CrusnikCainPosted 3/3/2014 10:55:29 PM
i'm not exited at all in my opinion motion gaming is gimmick
---
Gamer Tag / PSN : CrusnikCain
#3kcypher2000Posted 3/3/2014 10:55:49 PM
Its not my cup of tea but this indie game uses your body as part of the game while you play with the controller. Hard to explain but i thought that was creative and the type of games kinect needs. I think Indies will use it much better than most AAA studios since they are more willing to take risks.

I do plan to get Kinect Rivals for the kids but currently i think Kinect is lacking as a gaming tool but useful addition to the system overall thanks to Skype, voice commands and xbox fitness.
#4kcypher2000Posted 3/3/2014 10:57:15 PM
CrusnikCain posted...

I see this complaint a lot but i think this is also the attitude that encourages devs to just keep copying success titles and to avoid taking risks. For instance Dance Central is extremely innovative and by far the best dancing game out there. It kills old games like DDR.
#5lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2014 10:58:26 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
Its not my cup of tea but this indie game uses your body as part of the game while you play with the controller. Hard to explain but i thought that was creative and the type of games kinect needs. I think Indies will use it much better than most AAA studios since they are more willing to take risks.

I do plan to get Kinect Rivals for the kids but currently i think Kinect is lacking as a gaming tool but useful addition to the system overall thanks to Skype, voice commands and xbox fitness.

Understandable. Wasn't the kinect pushed as a great addition for gaming though, and in fact necessary since its mandatory?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#6CrusnikCainPosted 3/3/2014 11:01:07 PM(edited)
kcypher2000 posted...
CrusnikCain posted...

I see this complaint a lot but i think this is also the attitude that encourages devs to just keep copying success titles and to avoid taking risks. For instance Dance Central is extremely innovative and by far the best dancing game out there. It kills old games like DDR.

yeah its is a common opinion but to allow it to dictate what games a dev make is sad and will kill off a lot of innovative and unique games while i don't like motion games i am not against them being made
---
Gamer Tag / PSN : CrusnikCain
#7CharocksPosted 3/4/2014 2:14:20 PM
It is a crappy gimmick with no practical use
---
Former Xbox Fan - A Flying Ewok
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)
#8suicide machinePosted 3/4/2014 2:39:45 PM
lilj812 posted...

Understandable. Wasn't the kinect pushed as a great addition for gaming though, and in fact necessary since its mandatory?

not necessarily. from what I recall leading up to the release, it was being pushed more as a different way to interact with your entertainment "hub". most of the hype from commercials and presentations was all the other stuff that makes the Kinect useful.
---
My new video game & paintball blog: http://m-slender.tumblr.com/
Xbox One clips: https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin