I think people are concerned with X1 graphics cause it'll look that way for 7-8

#1Full ThrottlePosted 3/3/2014 10:14:08 PM
years...that is unless Microsoft decides to go against their longer life cycle plan but if not, i think gamers are concerned these graphics will virtually look the same as the 360 cycle..(somewhat slightly better though) for another 7-8 years which will not look so good when TV's are getting better as well.
---
PSN: mrduckbear
Call me mrduckbear, not Full Throttle, sweater monkies. For every bug that is intentionally stepped on, something evil will happen...
#2tcgjacobPosted 3/3/2014 10:17:38 PM
Lol, I don't really care about graphics or which console "wins" but do you really think that the games from the beginning of the ps3/360 life cycle look like the games we were getting at the end of it? Why would it be any different this generation?
#3Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/3/2014 10:18:18 PM
both consoles cannot make it 7-8 years.

both were outdated before they were even announced in terms of whats on the market
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#4DeadLock25Posted 3/3/2014 10:21:25 PM
tcgjacob posted...
Lol, I don't really care about graphics or which console "wins" but do you really think that the games from the beginning of the ps3/360 life cycle look like the games we were getting at the end of it? Why would it be any different this generation?

This. What in the world makes you think launch games look the same as end of gen graphics?
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#5Orange_ApplesPosted 3/3/2014 10:25:40 PM
Cloud
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/3/2014 10:29:39 PM(edited)
tcgjacob posted...

Last generation the level of graphics were fairly top notch, example being Oblivion was very much on the same level as a $3,000 PC, the hardware had room to improve, along with new methods and styles for graphic advancement, today the hardware doesn't have much room for improvement other than being more efficient with it, not a lot to grow on considering the graphics on the consoles has been a few years ago on PC.

So no, there will be no jump like it was last generation. Crytek already stated that Ryse was the absolute best they could do with the Xbox One and those guys build impressive interactive benchmarks.

TL:DR: Developers are familiar with the architecture the system uses, along with the APIs, there isn't going to be room for much improvement with the use of the hardware, only improvements using the SDKs.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#7garcia_jxPosted 3/3/2014 10:32:27 PM
Xbox to Xbox 360 was a huge jump. Just look at how good fight night round 3 looked
#8CrusnikCainPosted 3/3/2014 10:32:40 PM
there will be a jump but no where near what it was last gen
---
Gamer Tag / PSN : CrusnikCain
#9tcgjacobPosted 3/3/2014 10:33:53 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
tcgjacob posted...

Last generation the level of graphics were fairly top notch, example being Oblivion was very much on the same level as a $3,000 PC, the hardware had room to improve, along with new methods and styles for graphic advancement, today the hardware doesn't have much room for improvement other than being more efficient with it, not a lot to grow on considering the graphics on the consoles has been a few years ago on PC.

So no, there will be no jump like it was last generation. Crytek already stated that Ryse was the absolute best they could do with the Xbox One and those guys build impressive interactive benchmarks.

TL:DR: Developers are familiar with the architecture the system uses, along with the APIs, there isn't going to be room for much improvement with the use of the hardware, only improvements using the SDKs.

No matter where we are starting in comparison to the last generation I highly doubt we have already seen the best the console has to offer graphic wise this early on in the generation. That being said, I am perfectly fine with the graphics remaining exactly the same the whole generation as long as I get a lot of great games during that time.
#10Lawboy2Posted 3/3/2014 10:35:23 PM
Full Throttle posted...
years...that is unless Microsoft decides to go against their longer life cycle plan but if not, i think gamers are concerned these graphics will virtually look the same as the 360 cycle..(somewhat slightly better though) for another 7-8 years which will not look so good when TV's are getting better as well.

This is already not true have u been under a rock games are already better than the launch titles...thief...then u have murder soul suspect 1080p 60...wolfenstien 1080p 60....dying light 1080p 60...sniper elite 1080 60....and that's only what we know now...halo is confirmed 1080 p 60...what else do u want...all this has been announced for the first year of the xbox one life cycle