I think people are concerned with X1 graphics cause it'll look that way for 7-8

#11game freakozoidPosted 3/3/2014 11:41:32 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
tcgjacob posted...
Lol, I don't really care about graphics or which console "wins" but do you really think that the games from the beginning of the ps3/360 life cycle look like the games we were getting at the end of it? Why would it be any different this generation?

Last generation the level of graphics were fairly top notch, example being Oblivion was very much on the same level as a $3,000 PC, the hardware had room to improve, along with new methods and styles for graphic advancement, today the hardware doesn't have much room for improvement other than being more efficient with it, not a lot to grow on considering the graphics on the consoles has been a few years ago on PC.

So no, there will be no jump like it was last generation. Crytek already stated that Ryse was the absolute best they could do with the Xbox One and those guys build impressive interactive benchmarks.

TL:DR: Developers are familiar with the architecture the system uses, along with the APIs, there isn't going to be room for much improvement with the use of the hardware, only improvements using the SDKs.

Developers always say that they did the best they could do with a system, and then later do a ton better. That's basically just PR work right there. It is best to not take it seriously.
#12Lawboy2Posted 3/3/2014 11:42:40 PM
game freakozoid posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
tcgjacob posted...
Lol, I don't really care about graphics or which console "wins" but do you really think that the games from the beginning of the ps3/360 life cycle look like the games we were getting at the end of it? Why would it be any different this generation?

Last generation the level of graphics were fairly top notch, example being Oblivion was very much on the same level as a $3,000 PC, the hardware had room to improve, along with new methods and styles for graphic advancement, today the hardware doesn't have much room for improvement other than being more efficient with it, not a lot to grow on considering the graphics on the consoles has been a few years ago on PC.

So no, there will be no jump like it was last generation. Crytek already stated that Ryse was the absolute best they could do with the Xbox One and those guys build impressive interactive benchmarks.

TL:DR: Developers are familiar with the architecture the system uses, along with the APIs, there isn't going to be room for much improvement with the use of the hardware, only improvements using the SDKs.

Developers always say that they did the best they could do with a system, and then later do a ton better. That's basically just PR work right there. It is best to not take it seriously.

He must didn't catch the order 1886 developers say they have maxed out the ps4 capabilities
#13CrusnikCainPosted 3/3/2014 11:50:12 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
tcgjacob posted...

He must didn't catch the order 1886 developers say they have maxed out the ps4 capabilities

it wasn't even the developers it was the marketing manger
---
Gamer Tag / PSN : CrusnikCain
#14Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/4/2014 12:10:07 AM
Lawboy2 posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
tcgjacob posted...

Yeah, they probably did. I did say both systems were outdated before they were released. You guys get defensive and right away mention PS4, it's so comical.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#15Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/4/2014 12:11:08 AM
tcgjacob posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
tcgjacob posted...

No matter where we are starting in comparison to the last generation I highly doubt we have already seen the best the console has to offer graphic wise this early on in the generation. That being said, I am perfectly fine with the graphics remaining exactly the same the whole generation as long as I get a lot of great games during that time.

We haven't seen the best, no, but it's not going to be a huge difference like it was last generation either. Launch games and end of life games are not going to be a night and day difference.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#16RebelGameMasterPosted 3/4/2014 12:16:03 AM
I don't know why people care about graphics, Mr. TC, sir.

But I tell you what, I'm glad my system of choice is giving me the biggest bang for my buck in the graphics/resolution department. Yup. Feels good to know I got the best of the best when it comes to consoles.
---
This dispute is an abuse of the dispute form. Any further abuse of the form will result in loss of posting privileges or your account.
#17TheSL1ClubPosted 3/4/2014 12:17:26 AM
tcgjacob posted...

Yes metal gear solid 4 looks really good.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#18MonicasBackPosted 3/4/2014 12:20:32 AM
tcgjacob posted...

Well, xbone and ps4 are basically a pc. meaning devs wont have to work for years to figure out tricks to getting the full potential out. Look at the original xbox which used a pentium 3 and a geforce 3, early games werent that far apart from end of life games. Total opposite for PS2 which had a weird and hard to use hardware.
---
Monicaaa
#19XDroneCrusherXPosted 3/4/2014 12:27:10 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Last generation the level of graphics were fairly top notch, example being Oblivion was very much on the same level as a $3,000 PC,

Don't think so. Even in 2005-2006, you could build a PC for $1000 that crushed the X360. And people modded Oblivion on PC and made it look way better than vanilla oblivion on any other platform. The only difference between then and now, is you can do the same for $500.
#20leelee3105Posted 3/4/2014 8:02:28 AM
TC you do realize that out of the 3 new consoles X1 is by far the most future proof. Also, no one cares about PC gaming unless they're playing candy crush
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
GT je suisLe juif PSN lol!