Titanfall preorder sales over 3.5 million! 7 million sales in 3 months expected!

#101SoulTrapperPosted 3/6/2014 5:22:55 AM(edited)
Homie_202 posted...

He also has A LOT that he tends to be right about.

He's wrong a lot more.

General predictions like "CoD will sell well" or "This EA game will have DLC" is what he's good at, but those are things anyone with a slight knowledge of this industry will get right.

Most of what he says, is deliberately wrong, making ridiculous predictions is what gets sites clicks and clicks are money.
#102BSerenityPosted 3/6/2014 5:23:51 AM(edited)
HENTAIDOJI posted...
I already addressed why it is 10X more popular on the One. WTF else is Titanfall competing with on a console that has a typical size launch window library? People are so starved for a new game they are hyping Plants vs Zombies like it is the second greatest game ever..next to Titanfall of course. Again, what is the big huge difference you are so certain of that will make the One version soooooooooo much better than the 360? What difference are you anticipating besides graphics?

Framerate. Resolution. The fact that TitanFall on Xbone is the first *True* Next Gen Game. The fact that EA can't even be bothered to show a single iota of media for the 360 version.

I'm fairly certain there's an IOS version of Call of Duty. That's the 360 version of TITANFALL. It exists.

Also people aren't hyping TF *just* because the libraries are slim. It's becuz da beta was awesome and it has a record number E3 awards.

Nothing in TF can't be done on the X360. The biggest difference between the two will be resolution (Last time I read Reso doesn't mean anything on this board). EA isn't marketing the game, MS is. MS has had this narrative for months now. Don't show the X360 version, don't act like it exists, delay it to pressure the impatient to jump to the XBO. If going by the preorders... It hasn't been that successful getting people to jump over to the XBO.

XBO owners are hyping TF to crazy levels because of the beta and the slim library. E3 awards are like goty awards... Completely subjective.

Titanfall is a cross generation title. Therefore, it is automatically not a *TRUE* next gen title.

---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#103HENTAIDOJIPosted 3/6/2014 5:42:12 AM
Nothing in TF can't be done on the X360.

If that were true we wouldn't need new consoles.

The biggest difference between the two will be resolution (Last time I read Reso doesn't mean anything on this board).

The biggest difference is only the bonely is *True* Next gen.

EA isn't marketing the game, MS is. MS has had this narrative for months now. Don't show the X360 version, don't act like it exists, delay it to pressure the impatient to jump to the XBO.

It may as well not exist. No-ones going to buy it. As an exclusivity deal, it all comes out in the wash.

If going by the preorders... It hasn't been that successful getting people to jump over to the XBO.

MS selling 2 million consoles (1 for each side of the ocean) that week would disagree with you.

XBO owners are hyping TF to crazy levels because of the beta and the slim library. E3 awards are like goty awards... Completely subjective.

Ok, then Subjectively TF came out of nowhere beat out Watchdogs, The Division, Destiny, GTAV Driveclub (lol kidding) and everything else ...and it's all undeserved.

Titanfall is a cross generation title. Therefore, it is automatically not a *TRUE* next gen title.

Gosh, if anything it's the opposite and TitanFall is the first *True* Next gen game.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#104BSerenityPosted 3/6/2014 6:00:01 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Nothing in TF can't be done on the X360.

If that were true we wouldn't need new consoles.

I want you to name stuff in Titanfall that can only be done on the XBO that the X360 can't even touch. Only the hardcore would use a cross generational title as a reason to jump to the next generation. Most will wait for a true showing of the next generation hardware.

The biggest difference between the two will be resolution (Last time I read Reso doesn't mean anything on this board).

The biggest difference is only the bonely is *True* Next gen.

Only in feature wise, sure.

EA isn't marketing the game, MS is. MS has had this narrative for months now. Don't show the X360 version, don't act like it exists, delay it to pressure the impatient to jump to the XBO.

It may as well not exist. No-ones going to buy it. As an exclusivity deal, it all comes out in the wash.

Yet, it does exist and will heavily eat into the sales of the XBO version and possible console sales. Hence the X360 version delay.

If going by the preorders... It hasn't been that successful getting people to jump over to the XBO.

MS selling 2 million consoles (1 for each side of the ocean) that week would disagree with you.

This has nothing to do with TF preorders for the XBO, lol.

Ok, then Subjectively TF came out of nowhere beat out Watchdogs, The Division, Destiny, GTAV Driveclub (lol kidding) and everything else ...and it's all undeserved.

I never said TF didn't deserve awards, but it is all subjectivity in the end.

Gosh, if anything it's the opposite and TitanFall is the first *True* Next gen game.

Faulty opinion, but nonetheless your opinion.

---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#105MrSpaM111Posted 3/6/2014 6:20:40 AM
Have people seriously not tagged on yet that the reason the 360 version is getting no media attention is because they are trying to push the XBO version to try and sell these consoles they can't sell quick enough?
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#106stawg007Posted 3/6/2014 6:48:39 AM
3.5 million pre orders?

Someone posted titanfall pre order numbers a few weeks ago and it said the xbone version had around 300,000, somebody is wrong
#107Exodus_PrimePosted 3/6/2014 6:52:03 AM
stawg007 posted...
3.5 million pre orders?

Someone posted titanfall pre order numbers a few weeks ago and it said the xbone version had around 300,000, somebody is wrong

I think they meant overall...but even then doesn't seem to add up to that many.
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#108skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 7:28:13 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
stawg007 posted...
3.5 million pre orders?

I think they meant overall...but even then doesn't seem to add up to that many.

For pre-orders thats a lot!
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#109RaRitsujunPosted 3/6/2014 7:34:03 AM
BSerenity posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
I already addressed why it is 10X more popular on the One. WTF else is Titanfall competing with on a console that has a typical size launch window library? People are so starved for a new game they are hyping Plants vs Zombies like it is the second greatest game ever..next to Titanfall of course. Again, what is the big huge difference you are so certain of that will make the One version soooooooooo much better than the 360? What difference are you anticipating besides graphics?

Framerate. Resolution. The fact that TitanFall on Xbone is the first *True* Next Gen Game. The fact that EA can't even be bothered to show a single iota of media for the 360 version.

I'm fairly certain there's an IOS version of Call of Duty. That's the 360 version of TITANFALL. It exists.

Also people aren't hyping TF *just* because the libraries are slim. It's becuz da beta was awesome and it has a record number E3 awards.

Nothing in TF can't be done on the X360. The biggest difference between the two will be resolution (Last time I read Reso doesn't mean anything on this board). EA isn't marketing the game, MS is. MS has had this narrative for months now. Don't show the X360 version, don't act like it exists, delay it to pressure the impatient to jump to the XBO. If going by the preorders... It hasn't been that successful getting people to jump over to the XBO.

This.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#110Homie_202Posted 3/6/2014 1:43:09 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Homie_202 posted...

He also has A LOT that he tends to be right about.

He's wrong a lot more.

General predictions like "CoD will sell well" or "This EA game will have DLC" is what he's good at, but those are things anyone with a slight knowledge of this industry will get right.

Most of what he says, is deliberately wrong, making ridiculous predictions is what gets sites clicks and clicks are money.

Not just that. A few e3s ago he had an episode where he said something and then it got announced at e3. I don't remember what it was though. But I remember being thoroughly impressed.