Titanfall preorder sales over 3.5 million! 7 million sales in 3 months expected!

#41HENTAIDOJIPosted 3/4/2014 6:07:26 PM
RaRitsujun posted...
ThunderPotato posted...
Microsoft really should have pushed for Xbox One only. There's literally no reason to own a One with this coming to 360 and PC. The numbers prove it.

This.

Say what? TF on XOney is #5 at amazon compared to #68 on 360. Its like the Wii version of Modern Warfare 2, technically its available, but no ones seriously going to buy it.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#42skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 6:23:40 PM
RaRitsujun posted...
ThunderPotato posted...
Microsoft really should have pushed for Xbox One only. There's literally no reason to own a One with this coming to 360 and PC. The numbers prove it.

This.

Why are you so selfish? Do you know how many millions of 360's there are? Why shouldn't they get it and other games? The devs have a right to maximize profits. Nothing wrong with 360 owners getting this and other games.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#43skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 6:25:05 PM
teehee23 posted...
oh my gawd!
We knew Titanfall would be huge but this is beyond all expectations and hopes.
It's as if Heaven is pouring its blessings upon the Xbox brand!

You know dat!
---
#44BSerenityPosted 3/4/2014 6:26:32 PM
skermac posted...
RaRitsujun posted...
ThunderPotato posted...

This.

Why are you so selfish? Do you know how many millions of 360's there are? Why shouldn't they get it and other games? The devs have a right to maximize profits. Nothing wrong with 360 owners getting this and other games.

You are not really understanding why he made that statement.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#45NeoMonkPosted 3/4/2014 6:34:34 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
The same guy who said that "PlayStation Now" was garbage? this guy seems to have some disgruntled fans from both sides of the coin.

He gets paid because nobody likes what he says.

Most of his predictions are click bait, which is why he keeps getting asked by sites.

"click baits" man you basically just summed him up in a nutshell!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#46ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 3/4/2014 6:44:27 PM(edited)
I understand the logic for the delayed release of the 360 version, but I don't understand where the 3.5 million pre-order figure comes from. Is it just a projection or is it based on actual data?

So, far the only numbers I keep hearing are vgchartz, which are around 1/10 of of the above mentioned figure (though, it is only for USA pre-orders), which many people find very unreliable:

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

Still going by the same source, we also have the following distribution of current Xbox One sales:

NA: 2.43 million (69%)
EU: 0.89 million (25%)
Other: 0.22 million (6%)
Total: 3.54 million (100%)

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

By that logic, we could use the same percentages and extrapolate using the NA pre-orders for an estimated worldwide pre-orders figure:

Xbox One only:

NA: 0.378 million (69%)
EU: 0.137 million (25%)
Other: 0.033 million (6%)
Total: 0.548 million (100%)

XB1+360+PC:

NA: 0.533 million (69%)
EU: 0.193 million (25%)
Other: 0.0.46 million (6%)
Total: 0.772 million (100%)

Obviously the catch is that the 360 still has a few extra weeks to go and its possible that after the XB1 and PC versions are released, it will give some of those undecided the push they need to make their pre-order of the 360 version during the two extra weeks, resulting in a significant push of 360 pre-orders, though being perfectly honest, based on the estimated figures, 3.5 million pre-orders still sounds too unrealistic.

I'm more inclined to think that if the game does live up to the hype and attracts the CoD crowd, the sales could reach the 7 million figure within one year.

Edit: I just realized that the current total XB1 sales according to vgchartz (3.54 million) basically matches the prediction of 3.5 million pre-orders. Coincidence?
#47skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 6:45:24 PM
BSerenity posted...
skermac posted...
RaRitsujun posted...
ThunderPotato posted...

This.

Care to explain?
---
#48RaRitsujunPosted 3/4/2014 6:47:00 PM
BSerenity posted...
skermac posted...
RaRitsujun posted...
ThunderPotato posted...

This.

Exactly.
Dear God please help skermac...
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#49skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 6:58:08 PM
RaRitsujun posted...
BSerenity posted...
skermac posted...
RaRitsujun posted...
ThunderPotato posted...

This.

Exactly.
Dear God please help skermac...

Yes, help me for not caring if 360's users get this game too because I am not selfish. It's more money to support the dev's. Games can be shared with the 360 and long as its still in use.
---
#50ShELbY_GT500Posted 3/4/2014 7:03:06 PM
BadLuckInc posted...
At the end of the day, this game is going to rock =) All the Sony Camp crying about it, are just furious they don't get to play in on any of their console of choice.

Don't count your eggs before they're laid. I played the Titanfall Beta and not gonna lie. Games is fun and action packed but I can see people easily getting bored of it very quickly.

Destiny will be the one to look out for and that's coming to the PS4 too. You can sit there and feel all elitist about Titanfall, good luck with that :)

As a person who has both PS3/360 and PS4/One I will not be buying Titanfall straight up. I have a strong feeling it's gonna get stale very quickly