Titanfall preorder sales over 3.5 million! 7 million sales in 3 months expected!

#81PulpPosted 3/5/2014 5:02:06 PM
Lol...good ol Pachter. It will be fun to revisit this topic in a few months and add another "not-even-close" prediction to Pachter's resume.
---
INTEL 533MHZ PIII 512k/133, ALL-IN-Wonder 128 Pro AGP, 128MB SDRAM, Sound Blaster 32AWE, 47GB Elite SCSI, Win98
#82xiTz_RyaNxPosted 3/5/2014 5:04:45 PM
It will if Titanfall becomes the next Call of Duty franchise. GTA is in it's what.. 6-7th game if we add every number together? Titanfall is the first in what could morph into a gigantically successfully franchise. Give it a shot before you compare it to a best seller.
---
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
"It's cool. In my mind I'm processing every frame at Fun80p. - chaotix42"
#83skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 5:30:22 PM
xiTz_RyaNx posted...
It will if Titanfall becomes the next Call of Duty franchise. GTA is in it's what.. 6-7th game if we add every number together? Titanfall is the first in what could morph into a gigantically successfully franchise. Give it a shot before you compare it to a best seller.

When TF2 is released multiplat and adds PS systems you will see over 12 million sold. Maybe even 20, the possibilities are exciting!
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#84BrownGottiPosted 3/5/2014 5:46:27 PM
skermac posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

When TF2 is released multiplat and adds PS systems you will see over 12 million sold. Maybe even 20, the possibilities are exciting!

I can also see MS writing a 800 million dollar check for that to not happen.
#85BSerenityPosted 3/5/2014 5:54:00 PM
BrownGotti posted...
skermac posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

The question is... Do you want MS to just throw that amount of money at an IP it doesn't own? Wouldn't it be better for MS to invest in their first party studios more?
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#86RS_YELARAKAPosted 3/5/2014 6:07:52 PM
So the trolls can eat it basically.
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
Currently playing - BF4, PvZ:GW, TitanFall, PowerStarGolf
#87spacejamjordanzPosted 3/5/2014 6:10:30 PM
Skill4Reel posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
More sales for this game means harder for MS to secure the sequel.

Really? How so? The way I see it is that that more sales pretty much validates the deal that EA/Microsoft made. Making the decision to do the same with the next game all the more easier to make.

No... just no. It doesn't validate a damn thing. This pretend exclusivity only benefits one Microsoft. It doesn't really benefit EA at all. EA is a multiplatform publisher. It is not their job to sell Xbox Ones.

Do you honestly think EA isn't paying attention as PS4 continues to widen the user base gap? Do you honestly believe that EA doesn't want to tap the PS4 user base with the next game? It's going to be even harder for Microsoft to even try to secure the next game.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#88spacejamjordanzPosted 3/5/2014 6:12:58 PM
BrownGotti posted...
skermac posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

800 million? For a game that probably didn't even cost one-tenth of that to make?
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#89skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2014 6:20:12 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...
BrownGotti posted...
skermac posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

800 million? For a game that probably didn't even cost one-tenth of that to make?

MS has money to burn. Gates is now worth $76 billion and his worth goes up every year. $800 is pocket change to MS.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#90BSerenityPosted 3/5/2014 6:25:41 PM
skermac posted...
spacejamjordanz posted...
BrownGotti posted...
skermac posted...
xiTz_RyaNx posted...

MS has money to burn. Gates is now worth $76 billion and his worth goes up every year. $800 is pocket change to MS.

http://guycodeblog.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/clutch/2012/09/LubeLG.gif
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.