Titanfall preorder sales over 3.5 million! 7 million sales in 3 months expected!

#91fuzzykuffsPosted 3/5/2014 7:27:49 PM
Does Sony have the server hardware to host and manage the back end for a game like Titanfall? I am not trying to troll. Respawn as a start up is benefitting from Microsoft hosting and managing the game servers. Is this something Sony could have provided? From interviews it seems this was a big reason that Respawn chose Microsoft over Sony for their first game.
#92BSerenityPosted 3/5/2014 7:29:37 PM
fuzzykuffs posted...
Does Sony have the server hardware to host and manage the back end for a game like Titanfall? I am not trying to troll. Respawn as a start up is benefitting from Microsoft hosting and managing the game servers. Is this something Sony could have provided? From interviews it seems this was a big reason that Respawn chose Microsoft over Sony for their first game.

Yes they could. The original deal was timed exclusivity only.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#93ninja_starXPosted 3/5/2014 7:38:44 PM(edited)
BSerenity posted...
fuzzykuffs posted...

This is interesting;

http://i.imgur.com/su4OUvt.png
#94BSerenityPosted 3/5/2014 7:37:37 PM
ninja_starX posted...
BSerenity posted...
fuzzykuffs posted...

This is interesting;

http://i.imgur.com/isZNZtX.jpg

I am sorry. I don't trust img links on this site, lol.
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#95spacejamjordanzPosted 3/5/2014 7:39:04 PM
fuzzykuffs posted...

The source engine was chosen with PS3 in mind.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#96JONlCSPosted 3/5/2014 8:50:51 PM
Xbox*
---
http://i.imgur.com/cBQMs.jpg
JawnixPSboy
#97HENTAIDOJIPosted 3/6/2014 2:06:58 AM(edited)
tadmfpole posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
RaRitsujun posted...
ThunderPotato posted...
Microsoft really should have pushed for Xbox One only. There's literally no reason to own a One with this coming to 360 and PC. The numbers prove it.

This.

Say what? TF on XOney is #5 at amazon compared to #68 on 360. Its like the Wii version of Modern Warfare 2, technically its available, but no ones seriously going to buy it.

Why is no one seriously going to buy it? Do you think all remaining 360 owners are going to simultaneously jump to the Xbox One when Titanfall releases? The 360 version probably doesn't have as many pre orders because there are countless games already out for the 80 million 360 owners to choose from while there are a handful of games for the 3.5 million One owners to choose from.

And don't forget, graphics don't matter. At all.

Of course they are. Why else is the boney version 10x more popular than the 360 version on 1/20th of the userbase. Its literally getting 200x the interest.

Buying the 360 version is like buying the DS version of GTA. You aren't really buying it at all.

In fact a better analogy: Buying TitanFall on 360 is like buying a Wii in 2014 to play Battlefield 4.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#98Homie_202Posted 3/6/2014 3:06:57 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Michael Pachter

Yeah, the same guy who predicted 50 million monthly players for the flopped Star Wars MMO.

That said, the game will do quite well. I expect around 2 million to 2.5 million copies sold on both xbox one and 360 in the first week.

He also has A LOT that he tends to be right about.
#99tadmfpolePosted 3/6/2014 4:20:53 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
tadmfpole posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
RaRitsujun posted...
ThunderPotato posted...
Microsoft really should have pushed for Xbox One only. There's literally no reason to own a One with this coming to 360 and PC. The numbers prove it.

This.

Say what? TF on XOney is #5 at amazon compared to #68 on 360. Its like the Wii version of Modern Warfare 2, technically its available, but no ones seriously going to buy it.

Why is no one seriously going to buy it? Do you think all remaining 360 owners are going to simultaneously jump to the Xbox One when Titanfall releases? The 360 version probably doesn't have as many pre orders because there are countless games already out for the 80 million 360 owners to choose from while there are a handful of games for the 3.5 million One owners to choose from.

And don't forget, graphics don't matter. At all.

Of course they are. Why else is the boney version 10x more popular than the 360 version on 1/20th of the userbase. Its literally getting 200x the interest.

Buying the 360 version is like buying the DS version of GTA. You aren't really buying it at all.

In fact a better analogy: Buying TitanFall on 360 is like buying a Wii in 2014 to play Battlefield 4.

I already addressed why it is 10X more popular on the One. WTF else is Titanfall competing with on a console that has a typical size launch window library? People are so starved for a new game they are hyping Plants vs Zombies like it is the second greatest game ever..next to Titanfall of course. Again, what is the big huge difference you are so certain of that will make the One version soooooooooo much better than the 360? What difference are you anticipating besides graphics?
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#100HENTAIDOJIPosted 3/6/2014 5:59:13 AM
I already addressed why it is 10X more popular on the One. WTF else is Titanfall competing with on a console that has a typical size launch window library? People are so starved for a new game they are hyping Plants vs Zombies like it is the second greatest game ever..next to Titanfall of course. Again, what is the big huge difference you are so certain of that will make the One version soooooooooo much better than the 360? What difference are you anticipating besides graphics?

Framerate. Resolution. The fact that TitanFall on Xbone is the first *True* Next Gen Game. The fact that EA can't even be bothered to show a single iota of media for the 360 version.

I'm fairly certain there's an IOS version of Call of Duty. That's the 360 version of TITANFALL. It exists.

Also people aren't hyping TF *just* because the libraries are slim. It's becuz da beta was awesome and it has a record number E3 awards.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg