Microsoft has nothing to worry about with PS4's 6 million sales

#101Homie_202Posted 3/6/2014 3:00:24 AM
There's no doubt Titanfall will move consoles but not millions of consoles. There is no way.
#102ChevelIe(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2014 8:16:25 AM
Homie_202 posted...
There's no doubt Titanfall will move consoles but not millions of consoles. There is no way.

Says who?
---
Open fire
#103Homie_202Posted 3/6/2014 3:24:25 PM
ChevelIe posted...
Homie_202 posted...

Says who?

The fact that the average gamer isn't going to rush out and buy a new console for a game they can play on a last gen system. Only really hardcore gamers will do that the casuals will stick with the 360.
#104UltraPlanetPosted 3/8/2014 8:33:45 AM
Xboned
#105UtterMoonPosted 3/8/2014 9:27:35 AM
I heard from an inside source that the Microsoft bought the exclusive rights to sell the Xbone on the planet Xanthu in the Helios solar system...I mean hell...that's at least 4 billion console sales right there!
#106spacejamjordanzPosted 3/8/2014 9:40:52 AM
A console generation isn't a sprint, but sales do matter and third parties are watching.

How a console fares early in the game can have significant long term effects. Especially when it comes to third party publishers. Losing third party favorability happened to Sony due to the PS3's early struggles. Final Fantasy, Tekken, Virtua FIghter, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry for example. All titles that were once exclusive to PS saw Xbox versions last gen. Look at the Wii U and it's third party situation right now. I mean damn, they aren't even getting sports games. I have never owned a console that doesn't even get sports games anymore(say what you want about sports games, but I play them and it's a big deal). Even the Dreamcast had sports games until it went under. What do you think will happen if Call of Duty is selling better on PS4 due to a significantly higher user base? It's could get much more costly for MS to keep timed exclusive dlc. Perhaps to a point where they may not even bother anymore.

In only a couple of months, the sales gap has gone from 1 million to over 2 million. Microsoft needs to nip it in the bud before the gap starts growing even wider.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#107M3gaKai2Posted 3/9/2014 2:48:14 AM
ChevelIe posted...
Yeah it's impressive but you, me, and Microsoft know it's no big deal. It's simply not enough to beat the Xbox One. Yes, it's technically millions ahead at this moment in time..... but Titanfall. Titanfall is going to sell millions and millions of Xbox Ones from the moment it's out. And the Xbox One is only out in 13 countries, it's sales alone should double when it releases in other EU countries and Japan.

Sony can go on releasing inFamous: Second Son on March 21st, but it wont help and will be far too late. We are about to see how foolish people were for doubting the Xbox One in just a matter of weeks

....Lol you think one game can save a console? Ok..quite the logic you got there buddy
#108TheCyborgNinjaPosted 3/9/2014 2:52:15 AM
The PS3 spent several years extremely far behind the 360. Both consoles wound up a massive success. Let's worry in 3 years, if necessary.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#109JuuzhPosted 3/9/2014 3:36:53 AM
I believe that XBOne will be the only console sold in China because they don't like the Japanese so PS4 is out. And, XBOne has a spy feature so the Chinese government loves that.

I'm sure this has been said before.
---
PSN: Gidoza
WiiU: Gidoza
#110TurbokkPosted 3/9/2014 9:41:17 AM
Titanfall will sell at least 500 billion copies in 24 hours.