Hands On With Project Spark, Xbox One Beta Live Today

#1Dev445Posted 3/4/2014 8:18:27 AM
by Mike Futter

Last week, we got hands-on time with Team Dakota’s world-building platform Project Spark. Not only did we experience some of the creations that people have been building in the PC beta, but we saw the Xbox One version in action.

After a short video featuring many community creations, executive producer Saxs Persson and designer Claude Jerome took us through some of what players have been building since the beta began in December 2013. To date, there are 55,000 beta participants with over 6,000 creations available on the service.

These include game prototypes like a pinball table made of logs, a long stovepipe plunger, and various other pieces of the fantasy tool kit. We also played a devilishly difficult Super Meat Boy style platformer called Blaze Jumper, requiring precise wall jumps and countless deaths on spikes.

There are also concept pieces like Colour. This artistic experience takes players across a watercolor landscape just to see the sights. As you might expect when players get their hands on a toolkit like Project Spark, there are also homages and recreations.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/project_spark/b/xboxone/archive/2014/03/04/hands-on-with-project-spark_2c00_-xbox-one-beta-live-today.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#2lunaticcorePosted 3/4/2014 8:19:17 AM
It's live now... like.. right now.
#3SwiftXZPosted 3/4/2014 8:19:59 AM
wonder what the size is on the X1
---
GT:SwiftXZ
#4Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 8:26:02 AM
lunaticcore posted...

If it is I don't know how to get to it. I tried my beta key and it didn't work
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#5Neutron15Posted 3/4/2014 8:33:02 AM
Dev445 posted...
lunaticcore posted...

did you try this?:

Keys need to be entered into the website - www.projectspark.com (sign in with your XBL details) then when you open the it on Xbox One it'll sync to the servers and work
---
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI
#6Evel138Posted 3/4/2014 8:37:21 AM
I'm a huge fan of the LittleBigPlanet games (having had hours of fun playing it with my children) and some of the user created content was really creative.

I can't wait for this game because of similar reasons. Going to get the XB1 beta asap.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#7Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 8:40:14 AM
Neutron15 posted...
Dev445 posted...
lunaticcore posted...

did you try this?:

Keys need to be entered into the website - www.projectspark.com (sign in with your XBL details) then when you open the it on Xbox One it'll sync to the servers and work

Yeah still ain't work, you playing it?
---
#8brownmysterPosted 3/4/2014 8:49:19 AM
Dev445 posted...
Neutron15 posted...
Dev445 posted...
lunaticcore posted...

did you try this?:

Try this bing project spark beta on the xbox. Then download it. Then go to projectspark.com and register your beta key.
#9Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 8:54:05 AM
@brownmyster cool downloading it now, can I just play it after it finishes?
---
#10Evel138Posted 3/4/2014 8:54:28 AM
Dev445 posted...
Neutron15 posted...
Dev445 posted...
lunaticcore posted...

did you try this?:

If you go to the PS web page there will be a link that says "Xbox One? Click here".....it'll bring you to a purchase of $0.00, I assume that will put it in you DL que though won't know for sure until I get home this afternoon.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y