Heres How To Update Your Xbox One Controller Firmware

#1Dev445Posted 3/4/2014 9:33:20 AM
by Mike Futter

The March Xbox One update is rolling out to all users soon, bringing with it improved social support and Dolby Digital output over digital optical (for surround sound headsets). It also includes an update protocol for controllers, which should improve performance, especially in first-person shooters.

We went through the update process a couple of times and put together a guide to find and complete the update. It took us one minute and thirteen seconds to update each controller, and we didn't even need to take out the batteries.

Step 1: Go to your settings menu ("Xbox, Go to Settings") and choose "System"
Step 2: Inside the System menu, you'll find the new "Update Controller" option
Step 3: Connect a USB cable to your Xbox One controller. You won't need to remove the batteries.
Step 4: Wait for 1 minute and 13 second while the new firmware is loaded into the controller. Repeat with additional controllers.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/04/here_1920_s-how-to-update-your-xbox-one-controllers.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#2Killah PriestPosted 3/4/2014 9:35:05 AM
and if we don't have a damn cable? you know since they aren't supplied with the console or with controllers and we can't assume everyone just has one lying around...
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3RawringAirPosted 3/4/2014 9:36:47 AM
you stop being poor and buy one for $5 or dont update your controller
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#4PudgeisafishPosted 3/4/2014 9:37:24 AM
Is it possible to use the usb charger that comes with our cell phones?
#5RawringAirPosted 3/4/2014 9:38:35 AM
Pudgeisafish posted...
Is it possible to use the usb charger that comes with our cell phones?

any usb cable that fits will work
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
#6Killah PriestPosted 3/4/2014 9:39:11 AM
you stop being poor and buy one for $5 or dont update your controller

not really the point... you don't roll out an update for something that requires something you don't include.
---
#7casper316Posted 3/4/2014 9:40:10 AM
Killah Priest posted...
and if we don't have a damn cable? you know since they aren't supplied with the console or with controllers and we can't assume everyone just has one lying around...

honestly dude in this day and age if you don't have a cable with the connections the controller uses just laying around your house there is something wrong with you. these types of cables come with cell phones and things and digital cameras. I'm sure you don't have have a USB to microUSB cable laying somewhere around your house? or have access to one. hell I bought a cheap ass car charger from my local walmart for my windows phone for 5 bucks and it had a 6 foot cable in it.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#8RawringAirPosted 3/4/2014 9:40:31 AM
im sure microsoft is sorry that youre still living in 1957
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
#9casper316Posted 3/4/2014 9:40:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Killah PriestPosted 3/4/2014 9:42:17 AM
honestly dude in this day and age if you don't have a cable with the connections the controller uses just laying around your house there is something wrong with you. these types of cables come with cell phones and things and digital cameras. I'm sure you don't have have a USB to microUSB cable laying somewhere around your house? or have access to one. hell I bought a cheap ass car charger from my local walmart for my windows phone for 5 bucks and it had a 6 foot cable in it.

don't assume everyone runs out and gets a new phone every year, my droid does not use that wire and neither do my 2 digital cameras. In fact I have 0 devices that use that connector.

THE WIRE SHOULD BE SUPPLIED COMMENTS ABOUT HOW THEY ARE EASY OR CHEAP TO ACQUIRE ARE MOOT.
---