Heres How To Update Your Xbox One Controller Firmware

#11casper316Posted 3/4/2014 9:43:03 AM
Killah Priest posted...
you stop being poor and buy one for $5 or dont update your controller

not really the point... you don't roll out an update for something that requires something you don't include.

MS told us from the get go that any USB cable would charge the controllers that we didn't have to even use the ones that came with the play and charge kits, so try again kid.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#12Killah PriestPosted 3/4/2014 9:47:07 AM
MS told us from the get go that any USB cable would charge the controllers that we didn't have to even use the ones that came with the play and charge kits, so try again kid.

I don't have to try again, the wire should be supplied with the console and if you buy the controller separate if its going to be used for things like this.

So try again MS defender, bend over for MS more maybe one day they'll send you two free xbox ones like they did me.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#13Darkside_ShadowPosted 3/4/2014 9:47:39 AM
There is always a Kenny who has to complain about something.
Amazing.
Anyways great stuff. Has anyone noticed any difference?
#14Pontificus32390Posted 3/4/2014 9:50:24 AM
casper316 posted...
Killah Priest posted...

not really the point... you don't roll out an update for something that requires something you don't include.

i wouldn't even have a micro usb cable if not for the one included with the PS4, so it's not unthinkable to not have one. nothing else I own uses one. he's not wrong to be upset, but then again it is still only a $5 cable. is the firmware update required? probably not.
---
i5 3570k @ 4.3 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 7870 2GB | 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Current Platforms: 3DS, PC, PS4, PS3, Vita, Wii U, X1, X360
#15casper316Posted 3/4/2014 9:50:27 AM
Killah Priest posted...
honestly dude in this day and age if you don't have a cable with the connections the controller uses just laying around your house there is something wrong with you. these types of cables come with cell phones and things and digital cameras. I'm sure you don't have have a USB to microUSB cable laying somewhere around your house? or have access to one. hell I bought a cheap ass car charger from my local walmart for my windows phone for 5 bucks and it had a 6 foot cable in it.

don't assume everyone runs out and gets a new phone every year, my droid does not use that wire and neither do my 2 digital cameras. In fact I have 0 devices that use that connector.

THE WIRE SHOULD BE SUPPLIED COMMENTS ABOUT HOW THEY ARE EASY OR CHEAP TO ACQUIRE ARE MOOT.

the only smart phones I've seen that hasn't used microUSB plugs are iPhones, and if you "buy" new phones every year you are an idiot. I haven't paid for a cell phone since I started getting cell phones, 2 year contracts with free upgrades FTW. all the smartphones I've had all used microUSB to charge the 3 android based ones my family use and my samsung focus all use microUSB, my digital camera uses miniUSB however. if you didn't buy a play and charge kit you have no right to complain with it not coming with a cable. because neither the one itself or the controllers unless they are bundled with it come with the play and charge kit. I however opted to buy the Enegizer charging station, I have plenty of those USB cables so I'm not worried.
---
#16chedibang1994Posted 3/4/2014 9:50:35 AM
Killah Priest posted...
and if we don't have a damn cable? you know since they aren't supplied with the console or with controllers and we can't assume everyone just has one lying around...

If you have a smartphone then you have it don't make such a big deal your good
---
I Still watch Angry Video Game Nerd in pajamas
#17Killah PriestPosted 3/4/2014 9:52:03 AM
That really has nothing to do with anything and you're a clown if you can't see the very MINOR problem here.

now just for clarification I'm not saying GOOD LORD XBOX ONE IS THE WORST THEY DIDN'T SUPPLY THIS CABLE

I'm just saying... if you require this cable to update the controller it really should be included in some package that isn't just the play and charge kit.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#18Apex-PlayerPosted 3/4/2014 9:53:36 AM
Killah Priest posted...
honestly dude in this day and age if you don't have a cable with the connections the controller uses just laying around your house there is something wrong with you. these types of cables come with cell phones and things and digital cameras. I'm sure you don't have have a USB to microUSB cable laying somewhere around your house? or have access to one. hell I bought a cheap ass car charger from my local walmart for my windows phone for 5 bucks and it had a 6 foot cable in it.

don't assume everyone runs out and gets a new phone every year, my droid does not use that wire and neither do my 2 digital cameras. In fact I have 0 devices that use that connector.

THE WIRE SHOULD BE SUPPLIED COMMENTS ABOUT HOW THEY ARE EASY OR CHEAP TO ACQUIRE ARE MOOT.

I'm with you on this, just another spit in the face to consumers.
How do you not include a 5$ cable with a 500$ console,
when you know that you'll be releasing firmware patches for the controller.

MS is so cheap, for having so much money.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#19casper316Posted 3/4/2014 9:53:56 AM
Pontificus32390 posted...
casper316 posted...
Killah Priest posted...

i wouldn't even have a micro usb cable if not for the one included with the PS4, so it's not unthinkable to not have one. nothing else I own uses one. he's not wrong to be upset, but then again it is still only a $5 cable. is the firmware update required? probably not.

honestly during the beta for titanfall I didn't have any trouble with the controller and how it acted with the game it seemed to play just fine to me, so has BF4, and CoD: Ghosts, and even PvZ:GW. the only thing I can figure the firmware changes is the deadzones on the analog sticks a bit but that's about it.
---
#20Pontificus32390Posted 3/4/2014 9:54:05 AM
chedibang1994 posted...
Killah Priest posted...
and if we don't have a damn cable? you know since they aren't supplied with the console or with controllers and we can't assume everyone just has one lying around...

If you have a smartphone then you have it don't make such a big deal your good

wrong in more ways than one
---
i5 3570k @ 4.3 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 7870 2GB | 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Current Platforms: 3DS, PC, PS4, PS3, Vita, Wii U, X1, X360