Heres How To Update Your Xbox One Controller Firmware

#61ThaistikPosted 3/4/2014 2:53:22 PM
I'm not seeing controller under system .
---
Five finger death punch
#62Chargers0721Posted 3/4/2014 2:57:32 PM
lol your droid most definitely uses micro usb
---
GT- Aperry2191
#63structural98Posted 3/4/2014 3:10:54 PM
I tried plugging my grammaphone in to my xbox1 controller but it didn't seem to update the farmware. These fancy new thingamajigs are always making me buy new cables. I tried a coax and that didn't fit either!! I just don't understand, what are these "smart" phone things that people are talking about anyway? My pappy always said that robots would take over the world, are these smart phone things trying to take over the world? If they are in fact "androids" and are "smart" enough to be self aware, then we should probably all just stop frettin' over these xbox1 cables and grab our pitchforks to go defend ourselves. This fancy new world is just full of madness....MADNESSSSS!!!!
#64dejavu1982Posted 3/4/2014 8:15:52 PM
Killah Priest posted...
honestly dude in this day and age if you don't have a cable with the connections the controller uses just laying around your house there is something wrong with you. these types of cables come with cell phones and things and digital cameras. I'm sure you don't have have a USB to microUSB cable laying somewhere around your house? or have access to one. hell I bought a cheap ass car charger from my local walmart for my windows phone for 5 bucks and it had a 6 foot cable in it.

don't assume everyone runs out and gets a new phone every year, my droid does not use that wire and neither do my 2 digital cameras. In fact I have 0 devices that use that connector.

THE WIRE SHOULD BE SUPPLIED COMMENTS ABOUT HOW THEY ARE EASY OR CHEAP TO ACQUIRE ARE MOOT.

Quit crying and go to wal-mart and buy a cheap ass cable lol not everything needs to be supplied, in a perfect world yes....but this is not a perfect world and never will be, so get use to it.
#65bgwilly255Posted 3/4/2014 8:18:19 PM
Killah Priest posted...
you stop being poor and buy one for $5 or dont update your controller

not really the point... you don't roll out an update for something that requires something you don't include.

No one is forcing you to update. The update is optional.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#66Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 8:38:26 PM
structural98 posted...
I tried plugging my grammaphone in to my xbox1 controller but it didn't seem to update the farmware. These fancy new thingamajigs are always making me buy new cables. I tried a coax and that didn't fit either!! I just don't understand, what are these "smart" phone things that people are talking about anyway? My pappy always said that robots would take over the world, are these smart phone things trying to take over the world? If they are in fact "androids" and are "smart" enough to be self aware, then we should probably all just stop frettin' over these xbox1 cables and grab our pitchforks to go defend ourselves. This fancy new world is just full of madness....MADNESSSSS!!!!

I Lol'd
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#67LEGEND_725Posted 3/4/2014 9:26:43 PM
Killah Priest posted...
That really has nothing to do with anything and you're a clown if you can't see the very MINOR problem here.

now just for clarification I'm not saying GOOD LORD XBOX ONE IS THE WORST THEY DIDN'T SUPPLY THIS CABLE

I'm just saying... if you require this cable to update the controller it really should be included in some package that isn't just the play and charge kit.

Killah Priest posted...
That really has nothing to do with anything and you're a clown if you can't see the very MINOR problem here.

now just for clarification I'm not saying GOOD LORD XBOX ONE IS THE WORST THEY DIDN'T SUPPLY THIS CABLE

I'm just saying... if you require this cable to update the controller it really should be included in some package that isn't just the play and charge kit.

Killah Priest posted...

This killah kid is so buttmad look dude ill mail you $5...

>owns $500 console
>complains about 5 dollar cord
---
Lift. Game. Academics. Party. = LIFE
#68bessy67Posted 3/4/2014 9:29:15 PM
Rdeal2 posted...
Killah Priest posted...
you stop being poor and buy one for $5 or dont update your controller

not really the point... you don't roll out an update for something that requires something you don't include.

The update is only for the new adapter and that comes with a cable

So complete non-issue.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#69LanternOfAshPosted 3/4/2014 9:32:21 PM
I just threw out a bunch of micro usb cables the other day because they were laying all over the damn house. U mad bro?
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#70lunaticcorePosted 3/4/2014 9:39:23 PM
Wow.. I can't believe somebody actually thinks MS should have included a usb cord because they might someday add the feature to update the firmware slightly on the controller.

This update in no way breaks your controllers or ruins your experience. They don't owe everybody a usb cord.