so confused what console to get :/

#11ejay8320Posted 3/4/2014 1:47:39 PM
cheezedadada posted...
This will come off as a little surprising, but you will most likely get more pro PS4 posts here than Xbox One posts.

I know its a cheap answer, but is getting both something that can be pulled off with saving up some cash? I have both and I think that they will each have enough exclusives to warrant a purchase if you could pull it off.

Gun to my head right now forcing me to choose? I would choose the Xbox One. I have always had a preference towards MS consoles though and I like the controller and XBL better and I think the console in general is more interesting. I wouldnt want to give up either console though.

Odd I see mostly saying to go with friends... and I'll agree with their sentiments.
#12blitz_0623Posted 3/4/2014 1:48:55 PM
I assume you have a 360? Then just get TF there and avoid either console for now
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#13effenzo(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 1:49:05 PM
cheezedadada posted...
This will come off as a little surprising, but you will most likely get more pro PS4 posts here than Xbox One posts.

I know its a cheap answer, but is getting both something that can be pulled off with saving up some cash? I have both and I think that they will each have enough exclusives to warrant a purchase if you could pull it off.

Gun to my head right now forcing me to choose? I would choose the Xbox One. I have always had a preference towards MS consoles though and I like the controller and XBL better and I think the console in general is more interesting. I wouldnt want to give up either console though.

I am very surprised actually! Thought there would be alot of negative Sony posts but not a single one O.o hopefully through time both consoles will offer different enough stuff to warrant getting both. I did it with the ps3 and 360 afterall
#14kennyynnooPosted 3/4/2014 1:49:27 PM
The games, I love both companies and for year 1 xbox has games that interest ME. Emphasis on me because you should buy the one that has the exclusive games you enjoy first. I will own both eventually, I also prefer the controller on xbox due to the left thumb location.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#15ninja_starXPosted 3/4/2014 1:49:35 PM
If you want a true next gen console get the ps4 as most games will perform better on it.
#16kennyynnooPosted 3/4/2014 1:51:56 PM
effenzo posted...
cheezedadada posted...

I am very surprised actually! Thought there would be alot of negative Sony posts but not a single one O.o hopefully through time both consoles will offer different enough stuff to warrant getting both. I did it with the ps3 and 360 afterall

It's the trolls, both sides have them, some own neither but are so anti MS or sony that they spend there life's attacking them.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#17EiffelPosted 3/4/2014 1:52:20 PM
TC, I ended up getting a PS4 and will buy an X1 for it's exclusives when the price comes down to at least $400 or less (hopefully with no Kinect). I don't think I can live without Halo or Forza long term either but Halo 5 is likely November 2015 with Halo 2 Anniversary coming out this year. Given that I can wait since I've played H2 to death already.

The majority of games I play are multiplatform so I bought the PS4 since it's quite a bit more powerful and runs those games better in most cases. I'm planning on playing Titanfall on the 360.

COD map pack timed exclusivity might continue, who knows? Ghosts still sold better on X1 than PS4 but if the current sales trends continue with more people migrating over to Sony that might not continue.

PSN isn't quite as reliable as Live from my experience but it's good and downloads are quite fast now unlike in the past on PS3. Still prefer the Xbox controllers but the DS4 is much improved; still not as good as Xbox imo but close.
#18Apex-PlayerPosted 3/4/2014 1:53:16 PM
Well you can look forward to talking to your machine,
Having to buy a micro usb cord for controller updates if you don't have one,
Needing Live for everything you can think of,
Inferior multiplats,
A high probability of doing the send for repair mini game either for the disc drive or kinect.
Micro transactions that set records for how much money you spend.

Etc, really if it's a hard choice just go in the store and buy the one that's in stock.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#19alexismynamexxPosted 3/4/2014 1:53:55 PM
Playstation One
#20cheezedadadaPosted 3/4/2014 1:56:47 PM(edited)
effenzo posted...

Yeah you wont see that around here.

I say go with whatever has better exclusives in your opinion and also where the friends are at. I am very excited for Titanfall, but I also have a large handful of friends and family that are buying it. I wouldn't be nearly as excited for it if I was going to jump into the game in solo mode.

I say go with the friends for now maybe?...but set the long term goal to get both because I think it'll be worth it to own both eventually. Not sure if everyone else will agree, but I can think of many reasons to have both.

Not going to lie though, I really enjoy the Xbox One.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.