so confused what console to get :/

#31djrudenPosted 3/4/2014 3:26:15 PM
Get a PS4, you can get Titanfall on PC.
#32SaintSeiyaXPosted 3/4/2014 3:27:50 PM
Eiffel posted...
TC, I ended up getting a PS4 and will buy an X1 for it's exclusives when the price comes down to at least $400 or less (hopefully with no Kinect). I don't think I can live without Halo or Forza long term either but Halo 5 is likely November 2015 with Halo 2 Anniversary coming out this year. Given that I can wait since I've played H2 to death already.

The majority of games I play are multiplatform so I bought the PS4 since it's quite a bit more powerful and runs those games better in most cases. I'm planning on playing Titanfall on the 360.

COD map pack timed exclusivity might continue, who knows? Ghosts still sold better on X1 than PS4 but if the current sales trends continue with more people migrating over to Sony that might not continue.

PSN isn't quite as reliable as Live from my experience but it's good and downloads are quite fast now unlike in the past on PS3. Still prefer the Xbox controllers but the DS4 is much improved; still not as good as Xbox imo but close.

You can get the XBox One for $400 WITH a kinect on eBay. Just because the MSRP is at $500 doesn't mean you can't get the system for a lot cheaper. If you're patient and look around on eBay, you can get the system from a reputable seller for cheap.
---
#1 N.Y. Sports Fan - X360: P 1 L L zZz ; PSN: ExodusIllusion - http://killakadafi.dvdaf.com/owned
#33CrysianiaPosted 3/4/2014 3:36:21 PM
If shooters are your fav games go xbox one.

Anything else go ps4.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#34EraYachiPosted 3/4/2014 5:28:45 PM
I'm a broke culinary student, so I have to make do with two vaguely controller-shaped pieces of cardboard and a box with a hole cut in its side. Yesterday, I had my 7-year-old nephew crawl into the box and re-enact one of the PS4 games I've been hearing about.

No, wait...wait, that was when I played COD. Sorry
#35Mindwipe77Posted 3/4/2014 5:33:17 PM
SaltyBotz posted...
Get the Xbox One. Its going to get the best exclusives this gen. And MS released a new SDK, so the gap in multiplat games in the future is going to be non-existent to minimal. And a lot of the Xbone versions run at a more stable frame rate. When you hear '60 FPS' on PS4, its almost never consistent 60, more like 45-60, with massive dips. There is something to be said for a lower more stable FPS. I'd rather have consistent 30 with no dips than 45-60. In fact my PC can't run Skyrim heavily modded at 60fps consistent, so I capped the FPS at 35 with ENB, and it runs consistent 35 with no dips. And its a lot smoother than 45-60. Just an example of why higher FPS doesn't always = better. If you're more concerned about games, get an Xbox One. If you want a multimedia device, get a PS4.

we are not looking for xbot responses
---
Now Playing-Light returns/LOS 2/South Park SOT
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#36Laylow12Posted 3/4/2014 5:42:28 PM
cheezedadada posted...
effenzo posted...

I am very surprised actually! Thought there would be alot of negative Sony posts but not a single one O.o hopefully through time both consoles will offer different enough stuff to warrant getting both. I did it with the ps3 and 360 afterall

Yeah you wont see that around here.

I say go with whatever has better exclusives in your opinion and also where the friends are at. I am very excited for Titanfall, but I also have a large handful of friends and family that are buying it. I wouldn't be nearly as excited for it if I was going to jump into the game in solo mode.

I say go with the friends for now maybe?...but set the long term goal to get both because I think it'll be worth it to own both eventually. Not sure if everyone else will agree, but I can think of many reasons to have both.

Not going to lie though, I really enjoy the Xbox One.

You don't post anything negative about Sony? LOL, that's all you do 24hrs a day! That's not the first delusion statement you've made but certainly the most egregious.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#37PominAusPosted 3/4/2014 5:42:46 PM
Crysiania posted...

Anything else go ps4.

PS4 has more shooters, so, yeah...
#38kennyynnooPosted 3/4/2014 5:47:33 PM
Crysiania posted...

Anything else go ps4.

What about racing?
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#39120N7Posted 3/5/2014 1:20:24 AM
Although not without it's faults, the Xbox One is a great system. I chose to get one first because many of my friends were unwilling to even consider the PS4 as an option.

Admittedly, there were times when I questioned my decision. It's hard not to when constantly reminded of any graphical disparity between the systems. But, for me, the games and playing them with my friends are what matter.

Having experienced Titanfall, I would think twice before passing up on the opportunity to play it again. Yes, Titanfall 2 might come to the PS4, but it might not. If you're only getting one console, I wouldn't allow it to make the decision for you. This is only the beginning of the generation, the best is yet to come.
#40CaIiber345Posted 3/5/2014 2:13:22 AM
SaltyBotz posted...
If you're more concerned about games, get an Xbox One. If you want a multimedia device, get a PS4.

Surely you can't be serious. I mean, seriously. Really.
---
Rest in Peace, Harold Ramis (1944-2014)
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, The Witness, Mercenary Kings, Destiny