Titanfall Campaign Will Last Two Hours for Each Side Paid DLC Confirmed

#1TauriLeaderPosted 3/4/2014 3:53:45 PM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/04/titanfalls-campaign-will-last-two-hours-for-each-side-dlc-confirmed-but-no-microtransactions/

Zampella explained that the company focused on multiplayer because single player campaigns normally get devoured too fast, so they preferred to focus on the part of the game that will entertain players for hundreds of hours. He also mentioned that players will be able to play both sides of the mutiplayer story campaign and itíll last them a couple hours for each side.

He also confirmed that both paid DLC and free updates (like private matches) are already planned, and thereís going to be a season pass, but no microtransactions.

---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#2PorungaPosted 3/4/2014 3:59:46 PM(edited)
The problem that I find with that, honestly, is that multiplayers have an even shorter shelf life than single player games in my experience. A single player game can be played over and over (if it is good) forever.. a multiplayer only game has a life span of a year or so. After that, they might as well take all copies of the game off shelves, because its multiplayer community is dead and the game is now unplayable.
#3squarex8264Posted 3/4/2014 3:59:54 PM
I'm really curious to see what the format of the campaign matches will be like, and if there will be any sort of "difficulty" factor for replayability-- or if the difficulty is based entirely on who you are matched up against.
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#4Apex-PlayerPosted 3/4/2014 4:01:48 PM
Hmm but 2 hours for MGS is unacceptable for 30$ I thought?
So 60$ for 4 hours is better though.
Nice guys, stay classy.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#5kennyynnooPosted 3/4/2014 4:03:35 PM
Apex-Player posted...
Nice guys, stay classy.

No MGS hasn't been good since ps2 and its short is the issue.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#6krystylaPosted 3/4/2014 4:06:38 PM
Doesn't couple mean at least 2 nand exactly 2?
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#7squarex8264Posted 3/4/2014 4:07:01 PM
Apex-Player posted...
Nice guys, stay classy.

If all of Titanfall was only the 4 hour multiplayer campaign, you may have a point with what you are trying to say. Unfortunately...
---
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#8bessy67Posted 3/4/2014 4:09:26 PM
Apex-Player posted...
Nice guys, stay classy.

Am I missing something? Does MGS Ground Zeroes have multiplayer? I thought campaign was the only mode in that game...
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#9SonyPonyTonyPosted 3/4/2014 4:11:22 PM
bessy67 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Nice guys, stay classy.

Am I missing something? Does MGS Ground Zeroes have multiplayer? I thought campaign was the only mode in that game...

Apex's post was supposed to be tongue in cheek. At least I hope so
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#10Apex-PlayerPosted 3/4/2014 4:13:29 PM(edited)
squarex8264 posted...
Apex-Player posted...
Nice guys, stay classy.

If all of Titanfall was only the 4 hour multiplayer campaign, you may have a point with what you are trying to say. Unfortunately...

If the MGS game only had one way to play out the mission, instead of multiple ways...

Haha just kidding, I know it's a MP game.
Just saying 2 hour stories are a joke correct? so it's kind of a wasted opportunity on TF also.
4 hours for twice the price is equally a joke.

But its MP so all is irrelevant,
just wanted to make sure everyone stays honest to their opinion of 2hr stories for 30$ statements.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat