Will running Netflix 4-8 hours a day burn up my console?

#11maoriwarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 6:24:21 PM
We are thinking of that but are unsure of how it will fit in the TV because of the odd placement off the ports and design of said TV.
---
Humans are like trees. We are built to withstand but all are subject to the wind.
#12MrImpatient35Posted 3/4/2014 6:49:59 PM
krillens posted...
just to be safe, use the ps4 since they are built better

lmao wow. I've seen some widly fanboyish things said about X1 and PS4, but this takes the cake. It's as if worried about overheating haven't been put to rest NUMEROUS times almost a year ago.
---
March madness anyone? So many games!
#13uniquebadgerPosted 3/4/2014 10:31:48 PM
If this is a real concern why not just get a smart tv?
#14motoraptorPosted 3/4/2014 10:34:18 PM
it's a big-ass box for a reason
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#15PoweredMilkManPosted 3/4/2014 10:35:35 PM
The xbox is built for gaming and watching stuff
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#16chrish909Posted 3/4/2014 10:55:15 PM
Watch it on ps4 if you want to hear a jet engine in the backround.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#17shauntenninePosted 3/4/2014 11:11:57 PM
Considering they want you to hook your cable TV through it and its called the all-in-one media thing, I can't imagine regular use of said features being harmful to it. Although, I do understand your concern.
#18maoriwarrior(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2014 11:13:58 PM
uniquebadger posted...
If this is a real concern why not just get a smart tv?

If you pay for it sure. :)
---
Humans are like trees. We are built to withstand but all are subject to the wind.
#19Xeeh_BitzPosted 3/4/2014 11:22:19 PM
maoriwarrior posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Not really, it'll decrease the life of it but not enough to worry about. Bluray playback is around 37c on the SoC, idle is around 32c, so around 35c for playback of that nature if I had to guess, so not enough heat to even matter.

By how much? A few days? Lol

No way to give an answer to that, all chips are created different, some can last for decades, some , just a few years. Heat is what degrades the processor, when you use it, generates heat. Large amounts of heat will kill it quick, but all levels of heat is what eventually kills it, but it's more than a few days but you'll toss the Xbox One in the trash before the SoC fails, maybe.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#20kennyynnooPosted 3/4/2014 11:31:19 PM
maoriwarrior posted...
We are thinking of that but are unsure of how it will fit in the TV because of the odd placement off the ports and design of said TV.

It's the size of a usb stick, you could also get a hdmi switch if you don't have enough spots. I have 3 to 1 switch with remote, $20 on Amazon. It would resolve your issue, I don't love to use the systems for watching all that myself either. I have an Apple tv in one room that's old and I use the chromecast in another to put a video on for the kids if I'm cooking. Also use it to broadcast ESPN games from my laptop.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30